Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Here is a great excuse for being late for work

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is a great excuse for being late for work

A friend e-mailed this to me and I thought I would share.

A guy in
St. Louis was driving to work on Hwy I44 when he heard a 'pop'. He thought it sounded like a flat tire, though his ride wasn't affected.
After pulling over, checking the tires and finding them intact, he opened the hood to look at the motor. Before the hood was even all the way open he jumped back in shock and knocked his head on the partially opened hood, unable to believe what his eyes were seeing! Nobody wa s going to believe this!
You sure wouldn't have either! Fortunately, a coworker with a camera recognized him along side the road and stopped to see if he could help.
Check out the attachment photos to witness for yourself the source of his amazement. Now, this has to be right up there at t he top of the list of unusual but verified 'Reasons I was late for work'!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Default RE: Here is a great excuse for being late for work

Yuck.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:54 AM

Haha thats crazy! The only thing i know that comes close is that my mechanic freind takes roadkill from around the shop he works at and sticks em under the hood of cars that one of his coworkers is about to work on.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 AM

Ahh... there's the problem! He needs to get himself a cold-air intake and maybe some headers... that'd solve it! Good thing they had a camara near-by.

Seriously though... wierd. You know... [:-] the engine was probably hot enough to cook the thing... he should pull it out of there, clean it up a bit, and start snackin!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tastes like chicken...

As for what I found under the hood of my car:

Hitchhiker
NOTE: I originally posted this on Blogger on 12/06/2005 - about 3 months before my break up with my wife. I've decided to move it here as it was originally written...so just change wife to ex-wife.
[hr]
Four months ago, my wife, Melissa, and I were heading home from a furniture store, where we just purchased a table and chair set for a breakfast room that doesn't yet exist. Traveling about 50 mph, we heard this noise. I don't think it really registered with either of us, but then we heard it again, "meow". Both of us looked at each other with dumbfound looks on our faces. "Did you hear that" questions one of us. "Yes" comes the reply.

After I pull over onto a side street, I hopped out of the car. Since it sounded pretty loud, I started by looking underneath the seats. Nothing. I open the trunk. Nothing. Then Melissa says, "Do you think it's in the engine." Cautiously, I pop the hood release and walk around to the front. No noise could be heard except for the nearby traffic. I opened the hood and looked around. I didn't see anything at first, but then I spot it. "Oh my God!" I exclaimed. "What?!" Melissa questioned with her hands up at her mouth. "There's a kitten", I reply. "Oh my God!", Melissa exclaims, "how bad is it?" Fearing the worst Melissa creeps forward. Not seeing it she says, "where" with her mouth still covered. "There" as I pointed to this little gray fur ball squeezed in between the fender and the battery.

Unfortunately, I can't get a good hold it. So, I go to the trunk and pullout a cheap socket set. The same socket set that I purchased for those "You never know when you'll need it" situations. The same socket set that my wife said was a waste of money. Using the socket set I remove the battery terminals. With a little struggle and care, as to not harm the kitten any worse, I yank out the battery. As soon as I reach in to grab the fur ball, the damn thing starts hissing and spitting at me teeth bared and all. I quickly withdrew my hand.

What the hell is that! I'm trying to save this poor things life and this thing wants to tear my arm off. After verifying that all of my digits are still in place, I make a second attempt to get a hold of it. "Hisssssss, Spit!" It backs up into another inaccessible location. I start removing some other part of the engine. Then all of sudden I see movement out of the corner of my eye. The fluff ball must have fallen out of the engine compartment. It's now running about along side of a nearby house about 3 yards away. Then it vanishes into a bush. Nuts. I return to the trunk and retrieve a blanket that has been in there for about 6 years. Melissa goes to one side of the bush, with the blanket. I go to the other. The little devil is no where to be found. As I advanced to another bush, I see these 2 beady eyes staring at me. As I reach in one side of the bush, it scurries out the other side right into the waiting blanket. Melissa carries the bundle of blanket back to the car and I start rebuilding the engine.

[/align]At home, we placed food and water into a cat carrier with the kitten. It huddles into the corner. It's mostly gray with tan highlights and white on all it's paws chest and nose. It has a little white streak going up the center of the nose. After a little bit, I attempt to get a hold of it. "Hissss, spit!" Try again. "Hissssss, Spit!" Hmmm. Well, this getting no where fast. I decide that I'll take the few cuts I might get and reach in for a third time. Again, it hisses and spits at me, but this time I don't withdraw. I get a hold of it and pull it out. Amazingly, it gives up without a fight.

Well… to make a long story a little shorter… We took the cat t

Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 PM

(Pee Wee Herman Voice) I love that story...

Old 09-26-2007, 12:32 PM

i have never seen a serphant belt b4...(serpintine HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA im hella funny, i hope some of you know what that is so you can laugh to).

Old 09-26-2007, 01:57 PM

I wonder how much bigger that snake was.

woo, that cat looks identical to mine, but i have a female.

hatebreed, hahahahah, oh your so funny.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Retired Moderator

HAHA! I got your bad joke Hatebreed, that was "hell-a-funny" as you say. But DAMN is that a big snake to have in your car. I've lived in NM since I can remember, and I still have yet to see a snake in the wild. If I saw this, I would have s**t myself.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Oh no what a poor Acura, gunked up with all those sanke guts

Quick Reply: Here is a great excuse for being late for work