Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bush has arrived

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bush has arrived

Well guys, all I can say, When you Americans do something, you do it BIG. Your President arrived here to much fan fare last night, they shut down all traffic between the airport & his hotel (about 10 or so miles of usually busy road & city streets). Sydney is in lock down for the APEC conference, with heavy metal fences enforcing a huge exclusion zone around the city. I don't know if its for security or to stop the public from witnessing all the serious **** kissing that will be going on. What I though was really amusing was that the Russian President arrived on a normal jet a few hours before with no fuss made at all. Wonder if he tipped the cabbie?

Old 09-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bush has arrived

Our president isn't liked much.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:24 PM

I use to like him, but things change.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 PM

Meh im either way with him ATM.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 PM

Name:  headshake.gif
Views: 8
Size:  2.2 KBpacemaker,thats our pres... you are talking about!!!
Name:  pres-1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  81.6 KB

Name:  badteeth.gif
Views: 9
Size:  155 Bytes

Old 09-04-2007, 09:49 PM

those pics are priceless

Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Banned

Yeah, he's a dip. But he's our dip. I have no delusions that he is a puppet for those in complete control, and in that light...

I dig the dude. He knows he's outsmarted by half the US (easily), yet somehow he manages to demand (and receive) respect. Even those who run their mouths about him turn to slighlty more than babbling bimbos in his presence. He has an aura.

Anybody see that clip of when the mayor of New Orleans met with him? Ol boy was running his mouth before they met, then as soon as they're face to face, he looked just like an estatic 6th grader following him around with nothing but smiles. Haha, they even made him wear some ridiculous t-shirt with some ridiculous logo on the front.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eans_Mayor.jpg

Old 09-04-2007, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Our president isn't liked much.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

Pace, for some reason I always thought you were from across the pond. I have a buddy that lives in NSW.

He'll be a name to remember in a couple of years (not doing too bad now locally).He's a close-up magician andgoes by simply,Eddie. 18 years old and slick with coins and cards. Lots of original concepts. You into sleight of hand?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Retired Moderator

He's our president. I voted for him, and still agree with him and his views more often than none. And yes, there are still a few things I disagree with him about, but that's how politics should work. Just because you are from a different party doesn't mean you have to absolutely HATE and wish death upon a president just because he isn't a member of your party. (Maybe the liberals didn't get the memo, eh?)

Anyway, glad to hear there are still some Bush supporters out there, even if they're in a different country. I'm thinking there are more Aussie supporters than US ones. Sad, but probably true.

Quick Reply: Bush has arrived