Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anyone with vista? i need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with vista? i need help

i just dl`ed vista and installed it a day ago and it seems to be really gay with me. i updateded everything and it likes to not do what i say. i get the blue window of death. it likes to go to sleep but then when i was to wake it up it wont wake up. i push everything and nothing. then i have to restart. as far as i used it it seems good. not that much better tho. who here has vista? how does it run 4 u? my pc scored a 5.2 or something on the test thingy. i got the vista ultimate 32 bit one. maby i shold try a difrent download version. and finding software verions for vista is a pain in the a$$. i am using xp right now and vista is on another partition.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Default RE: anyone with vista? i need help

probably not compatiable with all your hardware....theres 5 diff versions of vista...and then 32bit and 64 bit...so yea finding software and hardwarethat works for all versions right now is almost impossible.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been running vista business since november and not had one blue screen. this is the system you built right? what does the bluescreen actually say? what file is listed and what error?

it can be hard to find correct drivers with vista, but for graphics drivers, honeslty no more difficult now than with xp. if you have a higher end video card, you will probably run into driver issues either way i know i do at home on my xp system. have vista there too, just waiting to get another comp before i install it.

my experience index is at 4.4. the cpu is at 4.4 and gaming graphics are at 4.5, both holding my score down. everything else is 5+.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:28 PM

My rating is a 4.7. My processor rating was 4.7. Everything else well above 5. I haven't had any problems, except for registering my product key, and an issue with a backup external HDD. I run multiple programs at once, and I LOVE the new aero switching!
I suggest calling the Vista support line. As long as you didn't steal your copy, they will be able to help you.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

probably not compatiable with all your hardware....theres 5 diff versions of vista...and then 32bit and 64 bit...so yea finding software and hardwarethat works for all versions right now is almost impossible.
i think everything i have is vista compatible(see sig). i think its new vista time. i am going to look for the 64 bit one this time.

ORIGINAL: rrasco

i have been running vista business since november and not had one blue screen. this is the system you built right? what does the bluescreen actually say? what file is listed and what error?

it can be hard to find correct drivers with vista, but for graphics drivers, honeslty no more difficult now than with xp. if you have a higher end video card, you will probably run into driver issues either way i know i do at home on my xp system. have vista there too, just waiting to get another comp before i install it.

my experience index is at 4.4. the cpu is at 4.4 and gaming graphics are at 4.5, both holding my score down. everything else is 5+.
is its that one, i dont know what it said in the blue screen, it was to fast.

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

I suggest calling the Vista support line. As long as you didn't steal your copy, they will be able to help you.
well that plan just went out the door.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 suggestions,

1. Quit stealing software
2. Quit playing with power rangers and learn how to use a computer.

I've been using Vista since it was the Alpha release of Longhorn over 3 years ago. I actual do this stuff for a living and have great ties with Microsoft. You'd be better of stealing XP somewhere and going back to that.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 AM

lol thank you for the advice.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM

so yea i just reinstalled it and it works fine now. i disconected my second hard drive this time and installed it. bual boot screen works nice now. i been on for like a hour and everything works fine.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:54 PM

i just reinstalled it and it works fine now. its been a hour and nothing bad so far. dual boot screen works nice now.

my index is 5.2

Processor-5.2
Memory (RAM)5.8
Graphics-5.9
Gaming graphics-5.9
Primary hard disk5.4

thanks for all the help. i still am ganna use xp most of the time. dual boot is sick.