Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have this problem?

it's called not enough time to ride. it's caused by careers, jobs, school, etc

Right now my setbacks are work and school (both fulltime)

It's my choice to do this..but it'd be nice to have a break every once in awhile to go riding

I've put maybe 600 miles on my f4i since I got her in October.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM

The only chance i ever have to ride within a week, are going to school for a few miles, and then maybe a hour and a half right after school before work. then a short ride home at 11

i feel your pain, and my weekend is not any better

Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM

Hmm, lets see ... I have a 1.5yo daughter, a pregnant wife, a new (to me) house, a full time job, part time job, and not enough days in a week. Your not alone dude, at least I get to ride into work ... with my XT225 :'( ... eh, better than 4 wheels

Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Default Not enough time..............

I feel all you guys pain. I work at a company that keeps me in China some of the year and then i have an 8 year old daughter every other weekend when I'm at home. The only thing i can say is--Guys and gals you gotta make time for yourself!!! When i first got my 97 CBR i had to go to China for a month 15 days after i bought it, and it was in the middle of January. I went to the nearest sporting store and bought lightweight SkiGear and rode the whole 15 days before leaving in weather below 35 degrees.Now i am home and have to catch up with my daughter because the next trip to China will be 60 days long!!! I take every oppertunity to hop on my CBR and ride. I own a house in Murphy, NC so i ride up there and do Deals Gap and Blood Mountain and anything in between any chance i get. Last Friday i got off at 10 at night---took off on my 900 and rode 6 hours to Murphy and then rode til 6 Saturday morning just to RIDE. Make time for yourself!!! I know it sounds selfish but you have to set some YOU time. I guess the point is that when i get a chance to hop on---I DON'T CARE WHAT TIME---i do it. Maybe see a couple of you at the Dragons Tail soon.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by GREGCBR900RR
I feel all you guys pain. I work at a company that keeps me in China some of the year and then i have an 8 year old daughter every other weekend when I'm at home. The only thing i can say is--Guys and gals you gotta make time for yourself!!! When i first got my 97 CBR i had to go to China for a month 15 days after i bought it, and it was in the middle of January. I went to the nearest sporting store and bought lightweight SkiGear and rode the whole 15 days before leaving in weather below 35 degrees.Now i am home and have to catch up with my daughter because the next trip to China will be 60 days long!!! I take every oppertunity to hop on my CBR and ride. I own a house in Murphy, NC so i ride up there and do Deals Gap and Blood Mountain and anything in between any chance i get. Last Friday i got off at 10 at night---took off on my 900 and rode 6 hours to Murphy and then rode til 6 Saturday morning just to RIDE. Make time for yourself!!! I know it sounds selfish but you have to set some YOU time. I guess the point is that when i get a chance to hop on---I DON'T CARE WHAT TIME---i do it. Maybe see a couple of you at the Dragons Tail soon.

This reminds me..we got a warm break in the weather here 2 weeks ago or so. I had a few papers due the following week so I went to my friends house and partied it up a bit, then left at 12:30 and was up till 4 AM bangin out school work so i could go riding the next day

I expect this to be the norm come this summer..

Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Default that's what i'm talking about.......

That's the way to work it out man. I do the same thing alot of times---work a few extra hours to give me MY time. It's those sacrifices we make early on that pays off tenfold later down the line. Keep ridin' man, you got it whipped.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by GREGCBR900RR
That's the way to work it out man. I do the same thing alot of times---work a few extra hours to give me MY time. It's those sacrifices we make early on that pays off tenfold later down the line. Keep ridin' man, you got it whipped.
Well..to compound this problem I just picked up a MX bike (04 rm250) after a 2 year hiatus from riding dirt. I LOVE riding dirtbikes..i stopped b/c i got tired of riding by myself bc my friends are all broke *** losers who dont want to spend $$ to ride tracks. sandpits are okay after it rains..id rather fork over $40 to ride legally, have EMT on standby and have a groomed track in the morning. Now that i stopped i got out of shape..and im sure most of you know MX is a great work out

If I didnt have school I'd be riding dirt on saturday then spend sunday in the street.
ill be lucky to do one a week at this rate. Heres to hoping it'll pay off in the long run lol..

Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 PM

i work 12 hours everyday. on saturdays and sundays i got flight school.

everytime i see the sun i cry cuz i cant go out on my cbr

summer? i work all summer long T_T

The only chance I will get is when i get fired but I have a 10 year contract with my company

i feel ya!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
i work 12 hours everyday. on saturdays and sundays i got flight school.

everytime i see the sun i cry cuz i cant go out on my cbr

summer? i work all summer long T_T

The only chance I will get is when i get fired but I have a 10 year contract with my company

i feel ya!

12 hour days...ill be familiar with those in a few years, im going to law school afte college and everyone in my family who is a lawyer said you better get used to 12 hour days, 6 days a week if u want to be a lawyer, lol.