Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need some advice...

Old 05-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advice...

im 17 and just got a 1000rr cuz i had a 600 but wasnt enough power but anyway....i am getting just comprehensive on da insurance so its not gonna kill me wit insurance but if i just got a cage then do you think if i ever had a spill the cage would save it?? Has anyone ever went down this road?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:20 PM

17 and a literbike... damn. you must have some very understanding parents.

The cage should save the majority of the bike if you take a slow speed spill or tip over, like 10mph. But in a high speed spill, Im not so sure. these are designed for stunting. Slow speed tip overs and such, not really crashes. A high speed crash will have different concenquences. If your lay your bike down on its side, it may just slide down the road and over uneven surfaces, but with the cage, it may send it cartwheelin when the cage snags something. Of course, thats just an scenerio and it may never happen. Also, these cages usually mount to the frame in some fashion. In a high speed slide where just consmetic damage may happen, I thinks its feasable to end up destroying your frame on an otherwise easy fix. Of course, this may never happen, but its something I would be concerned with.

Also the cage is going to limit your ability to have full lean. You will also run the risk of the cage hitting the ground. If this happens, chances are good it will unload the supsension and your go sliding off the road.

In my opinion, I wouldnt use one. But I like to corner carve and the cage would be in the way. I just run a set of frame sliders to minimize damage if I do lay it down.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

/sigh

This is terrible. I've honestly never met anyone that owned a 1000 under the age of 21 and either lived, or didn't hurt themselves very badly on it

be safe!
but judging by your grammar you haven't thought this through very well.

and to answer your question, if you don't know that enough about cages then you really don't have the basic knowledge you get from riding a bike enough to ride a 1000.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by woodchopper
im 17 and just got a 1000rr cuz i had a 600 but wasnt enough power but anyway....i am getting just comprehensive on da insurance so its not gonna kill me wit insurance

That makes my head hurt. It's not going to kill you on insurance because the power will do it for them. Why do you need anything that goes faster then 150mph? My 600 has more go then my supercharged Subaru. Unless you do track days I really don't see the need.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 PM

Blkout15 again?????????????????????????????????

Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 PM

Hahaha... Is he back? lol.

Last edited by Kikepiz; 05-06-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: I forgot to put a Question mark...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
/sigh

be safe!
but judging by your grammar you haven't thought this through very well.

and to answer your question, if you don't know that enough about cages then you really don't have the basic knowledge you get from riding a bike enough to ride a 1000.
his name's woodchopper what do you expect

Old 05-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Riding in my hoopty just trollin.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Its a short road to the funeral home. You wont't need a cage just a pine box. Hey if you send me your personal info I can buy an insurance rider ands cash in on your youth and vigor.
Or maybe just have a close friend or relative smack you in the side of the head with a 2x4 in an attempt to knock some sense into you. 600 not powerful enough pffft.
Troll be gone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need some advice...