Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Am I too fat/heavy for a CBR600?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK I THINK EVERYONE'S HAD THEIR TURN...................
From here on, let's keep it on the island,
and polite, or it's gone

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, however misguided it may be......

Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you really got a hard on for me dont you???

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
You seem to have a big issue with my screenname, which is a shame, n its not implying I think I am God, or as wise as God. Then you shouldn't have it in your screen name. Anyone who calls them self god rather it be a simple screen name or any other way has a "God" complex and I do have a problem with it.

What I have stated about beginners starting on 1k's is true, is fact, and stats show it. I'll produce my sources right after you do. Unlike you I never claimed to have any sources nor did I state to "know" everyone like you did. If you'll read my responses before responding blindly to them then you'll see I used the phrase "people I have met" unlike you saying "people I know". So in that case you should be the one presenting stats & facts. Common sense should be enough for any sane person to know not to start on a 1k, yes they have the right to make their own choices, that doesnt make it a smart choice to buy a 1k just because its the same price as a 600. I agree and again never said it was the best or smartest choice. I dont know why you keep putting words in my mouth. Its riding experience the op lacks when it comes to a 1k. Yes one can exercise caution n try to start out on a 1k, but all it takes is one panic move for a 1k to get away from you, and less so with a smaller bike.

The money thing came from your repeated statement that he should get a 1k because they are the same price as a 600 atm. Again if you look, I said because they are similarly priced to think about it when you go to purchase your bike. Oh and from what I can tell I only said it once not repeatedly.

Pix of bikes in driveways dont count for shyt true except that you own them. And since when do race bikes have turn signals, mirrors, tag, etc? Well seeing that I've only had my new CBR for about a month my 51 had to do double duty. Seeing that your new to this track thing I'll educate you alittle. All you have to due is remove the mirrors and tape up everything else and you can run all day on the track. Funny you didn't know that.

You talk a good game, where is this "game" I'm supposedly spitting? You must have me confused with someone else. I have made no claims or talked game. If saying I dont have any problem with my turns or that I also like to ride dirt is talking game then I have no response to that. your facts are flawed tho, you opinion, is well you're opinion n you're entitled to it,doesnt make it right tho. Truer words have never been spoken and I would hope that you would also live by what you preach

And yes, I'm human, I'm a male, and when ppl make stupid irresponsible comments that could get others hurt, yea my ego tends to come out too. Sue me! you probably have nothing I want so whats the point
It seems to me that I am getting to you and you are now the one becoming hostile. I'm trying to be as grown up about this as possible. How about we agree to disagree and move on?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that's it
is enough

Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929

If you are in fact the person in any of your pictures then your response means nothing. Your all of what 100+ lbs??? The op is more than two times your size not including the passenger he was talking about riding with. I'm glad you like your 600.

The signature pic is me ... I am over 5'8 and now about 125 pounds, but my response does mean something ... there are guys here who weigh a lot more than me and they find the new generation of CBR600RR good for them too, like I said before, the power in this bike is so much better than previous incarnations of cbr600 with particular regard to it's power spread, it now has real midrange grunt ... it's just that you said those that buy them regret the decision 6 months down the line, I don't and there are a lot of guys that don't ... the 600 is enough but if you want more there is the litre option ... everyone has different speed sensors too, remember how fast things felt when you were 16, my little Yamaha 50 was amazing ..lol

Jules