Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It's with a heavy heart...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default It's with a heavy heart...

A couple days ago I was looking at bikes on eBay and Craigslist. My girlfriend, who somehow can be completely out of touch with everything in the world except me, peeked over my shoulder and asked "Do you want one?". After mumbling a couple of lies, which she called me on immediately, I answered honestly "Yes". I tried one more lie, that I didn't have the money. Evidently I have to change my bank account passwords cause she smacked me for that one (I've never looked at my accounts with her in the room and I have paperless statements ). So finally she ran me out of lies and said "If you find one you want, go ahead. If you're short, you know I got cash".

Pushed beyond my limits I began contacting people, making offers and entering bids on eBay. Setting $3,000 as my limit I didn't figure I'd find anything for a while. Last night, when she tripped on the assembled but yet to be installed carbs on the living room floor, she sweetened the deal "if you get rid of one, I'll front the entire amount". Give up my beloved F3??? But a free-ish bike (I can give her the money in pieces so not to hit the bank all at once). Figured cause she said that, it'd be next winter before I found anything... Oh Fate, you are ever cruel!

2006 Honda CBR600 F4i with 4,871 miles on it for $3,350. Has some light scratches from what appear to be from drops, not a crash, that was a theft recovery. Will be trucked in from Alabama (bit too far for me to ride back in the short time).

But the heavy heart will be giving up my F3. I don't have a time limit on that. And will have to load up the paint guns prior so I can maximize the sale (or say **** it and get what I got for it). But the driveway can only hold one. I'll post some pics when she arrives (will not mind missing a day of work for this!)

Heh, Classic... Now you see what I meant by "You have no idea"?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice & great deal. Congrats.

Know whatcha mean giving up your F3. The new bike will ease the pain. ;-D

Old 03-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now thats a cool girl !!!! Everybody always looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my wife gave me 1000 towards my 1700 bike.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
Now thats a cool girl !!!! Everybody always looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my wife gave me 1000 towards my 1700 bike.
Yeah, she is. I'm prolly just going to pay her back with a ring come her birthday in Oct.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

that's not even a remotely sad story.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 PM

It is, regener8ed. My F3 isn't my 1st motorcycle. But it is my first sport bike. It's also the first vehicle I've put so much personal investment into since my 1st sports car (76 Celica GT I cried over when the engine blew).

If I could keep her, I would. I'm scared some wannabe squid will knock at my door, wanting to buy her and I'll have to let her go to a bad home... or worse, Impromptu Stunt School (aka, grocery store parking lot after hours to be dropped and wrecked repeatedly while learning how to wheelie).

*sigh* but the deal is done. I'll sniffle a bit for a while... Least until the F4i gets here

Old 03-25-2010, 08:29 PM

Sounds to me like you need to keep the F3 to pass on to your G/F to ride. Thats the best of both worlds. You keep your first sportbike, and there's nothing hotter than a sexy girl on bike.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
Sounds to me like you need to keep the F3 to pass on to your G/F to ride. Thats the best of both worlds. You keep your first sportbike, and there's nothing hotter than a sexy girl on bike.
Absolutely not! My girlfriend is one of the people absolutely, positively not meant to ride. Aside from the fact she cannot ride a bicycle, she is far too jumpy. When she first moved here to Philly it took months to get her to stop screaming at what she thought were near misses in the car when she was a passenger. They weren't anywhere near close, more like the daily dance between Philly drivers since I anticipated their lane change a 1/2 block away.

She'd freeze and kill herself. Not eventually, not somewhere down the line. But within the first 3 turns or the 1st time she cracked the throttle too much.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..if you get rid of your f3... you and I won't be on speaking terms anymore

Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Nex

Chin Up, Sad to see your F3 go, but as an F4i owner, I can say you will love the S*it out of it Get that split seat conversion...and that's one very Good Girlfriend

Quick Reply: It's with a heavy heart...