Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

It's with a heavy heart...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One Word Kuro ........... NICE ........now that I get to see the PICs

Gevo ..... he ain't joking ! no really!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have to add one to the "consider yourself lucky" theme. everytime i start lookin at different bikes my wife looks at me like "you have one" with the valley girl accent/attitude.

i understand the sadness for the loss but it will be a fleeting feeling the first time you roll on the throttle on the new babe.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 PM

sweet ride bro...fuel injection is ****,, will you have to move the couch to get it in the livingroom? clean lookin bike bud...

Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 PM

Well right now it looks like I have more time with my F3. Seems there is a problem with the title on the new bike. It has a Salvage title, which I knew about. But apparently it's branded Parts Only.

PA won't retitle it, won't touch it actually, with it branded like that. And Alabama requires it to be rebuilt and retitled in Alabama. Aside from the "Wtf is there to rebuild?" question, I can't figure out any options. As it is, it's a steal. But I can't figure out how to get it titled here in PA.

Cash is sitting in the bank right now but its gonna stay there if I can't figure this one out. And will prolly take a hit on my eBay buyer's rating for bailing on the sale

Old 03-27-2010, 07:38 PM

You shouldn't have to take a hit on the rating for that. The seller should be understanding and you can dispute it with eBay I think.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:01 AM

Update: Found another 06 F4i with 1k more miles for similar price at a dealership. Gotta wait till Tues for the dealer to open to try and secure it. Yet again its in another state so I'll have to pay shipping (not up to the 7 hr trip on a bike yet and nothing to tow it with). Luckily the state its in offers free VIN / title searches. Everything came back clear, with the title currently being held by the dealership.

Hmm... Wonder if my girlfriend would be pissed if I had a trailer hitch installed on her VW.... Know work would be pissed if I took off another day unscheduled

Old 03-28-2010, 01:59 PM

Good luck!

I have been wondering how I got along on without a truck.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Default Went for a drive thru Jersey...

Just when I got the dealer on the phone, someone bought the bike in Ohio. Yes I was pissed... Until I got a call from a CL ad I responded to. The ad was asking $5500. I sent him a reply of $4000 cash. Emails shoot back and forth. Him: I owe more than that. Me: Not my problem. Him: It's immaculate. Me: Who wouldn't say that. Him: Lowest I can go is $5000. Me: Why respond to an offer $1000 lower? Him: Wife. Me: Ah... I can squeeze a little more but I have to see her. Him: People keep wasting my time so I'll need a deposit. Me: Ok but no cash. Cashier's check only, $4500 final and you have to delist the ad now. Him: Thursday ok?

My work day was hectic. Despite telling the supervisor I had to be off on time NO MATTER WHAT when I got in, he piled extra work on me to run me late. I had to hit my bank, the closest branch being in Jersey to get a cashier's check for the bike deposit. I made it to the bank with 10 minutes to spare.

Then it was a **** all ride thru traffic from Trenton to Mt. Laurel to give the guy the check. My GPS was confuzzled trying to bypass the traffic till I ordered it to go right thru. And what's with rubbernecking people??? They act like they've never seen an overturned car before! Wasn't blocking any lanes on either side of the highway but traffic crawled for about 2 miles before the scene.

So tired from work and ready to break out my angry driver face, I twist my way thru a quiet subdivision and see...

Name:  DSC00887.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  103.2 KB
2,529 miles on her.

Name:  DSC00888.jpg
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  DSC00889.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  93.9 KB

Name:  DSC00890.jpg
Size:  80.9 KB
The guy apologizing profusely for her being so dirty

Name:  DSC00892.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  86.1 KB
So that's what a clean engine looks like

Name:  DSC00893.jpg
Size:  85.8 KB
She's waiting for her name

I checked everything I could think of. Tank: spotless. Inside of the front fender: unmarred (never been up on 1). Pegs: spotless Forks: tight & spotless (no leaks). Tires: 3" chicken strips on both sides. Nothing but dust on her

Name:  DSC00891.jpg
Size:  65.9 KB
The only wound I could find.

Completely stock except for the undertail. Only thing I have to do is figure out how to legally mount the plate (he had his wrapped on the swingarm). She started on a single press and just hummed. He's got his deposit. I've got a bill of sale. Just waiting for the title and the balance of the payment.

Last edited by Kuroshio; 04-01-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow... that is a hot F4i! I love the blue and the banana seat ftw!

Best of luck with her.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam, Kuo!!
That is one Sweeeeeet F4i!
Mint!

Quick Reply: It's with a heavy heart...