Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Who or what got you into biking?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who or what got you into biking?

My dad has had the same bike since I was born. He used to take me on rides through the river park when I was a little kid. Once I got a little older I didn't want to sit behind dad anymore and I actually developed a pretty negative image of bikes. My ex wanted one and I was pretty against it, but after we broke up I started hanging out with more guys at school and started meeting more and more guys with bikes. I just had a revelation one day that bikes are actually pretty friggin' sweet and I bought one a month later. I haven't regretted the decision since.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who or what got you into biking?

Great question, Juliet
Let's see, my dad always had both an Indian and a Harley. I lived with my mom and brother in Montana when I was about 8, so he used to ride one out to visit me. I don't think I ever got on the back though, but it must have left a subconscious impression. Later on post-college in Oregon, my ex owned a black Bajaj Chetak (cool Vespa knockoff). I sat on the back of that everywhere, whether just into town or to the grocery store. Later on, I met my current boyfriend who rode a Yamaha VMax. That was the beginning of the end. Going from a little scooter to THAT, and he was going EXTRA fast to impress me. All I could say was "Wow!" For about a year, I rode on the back of either his VMax or Honda Africa Twin on rides short and long. He used to let me wash the bikes, lol, and one day decided to let me sit on the Twin, teaching me about the clutch. Within 5 minutes I dropped it - I commend him on biting his tongue Consequently, he suggested I take the Safety Course to get my endorsement, which I did. A few months later, we moved to Florida together, where I found my current black 92 Yamaha Seca II. I hadn't even found a job yet, and he insisted on buying the bike for me (sweetie). 3 years later, I'm here with the Seca II all restored and ready to sell, saving up for a new CBR 600. When I couldn't decide between the 600cc and 1000cc, it was my boyfriend who said, "You can ride anything." So, I guess I really owe it to him. Thank you, Roland!
-Sasha

[IMG]local://upfiles/24639/5D152DB9BF474B139E71346904370992.jpg[/IMG]