Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Have you ever dropped your bike or had an accident?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever dropped your bike or had an accident?

Hi Everyone! I am new to ridding and was just wondering if you ever dropped your bike? I have only been riding for about a month and I have had 3 little accidents. I didn’t get hurt but my bike did. I took the MSF class and I know how to ride it. I dropped it on gravel going down hill turned too much and could hold it up. I dropped it stopping at a stop sign. I wasn’t braking right and then just the other day I was turning out of a parking lot and dumped it. I was going to slow. Any advice or stories you have that might help me in the future? Thanks! Anna

Old 06-25-2008, 02:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever dropped your bike or had an accident?

https://cbrforum.com/m_562469/tm.htm

I have dropped mine twice in the ten years I have owned it .. not crashed it ..just dropped it!! .. one time was on a gravel car park about 5 years ago and I was going backwards out of a space and turned the bars and the weight just caught me off guard ..seems once you have gone past a certain point ... it's time to cry ..lol I replaced the lower fairing that time and the seat cowl ...

Anyway I recently also did the above post but I am like a half starved ant just now so have absolutley no strength ... I intend to make my bike pristine again though .. I may even buy a new fairing piece and side panel .. I am very fussy ..lol

Jules

Old 06-25-2008, 09:56 AM

Wow Anna you sound like me. I dropped 3 times. Small but some work need to my bike. Don't give up you will get past it.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 PM

Thanks for posting…. Nice bike. I have a CBR 600 F3 too! It really sucks when you mess up your bike. The 2nd time when I dropped it at the stop sign was right after I painted my bike and got to ride it for the 1st time. I didn’t even make it two blocks…. [:@]

Old 06-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

It's always when they are new or freshly painted .. then you put up with it for months looking scratched to finally fix it and have something happen again ..it's sod's law ..lol

The other thing is it always happens in s..l..o..w motion ...

Jules

Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 AM

Hey ladies. I'm new to the Honda but not new to riding. I've been riding for 10 years but there were two gaps in there for two years that I didn't have a bike. I've been pretty fortunate that I never dropped or wrecked my first bike which was a Kawi Ninja. The same with my second bike which was a Yam R6. The third bike I had was a Suz Gixxer 600 and I dropped it riding in deal's gap which is a place here in the South that has 317 curves in 11 miles. I stopped at a rest stop half way down... went to get off and bam... dropped it. I forgot to put the kick stand down and I was EXHAUSTED from a full day of riding. It dented the gas tank. Which I never replaced. I now have a 08 600RR but have only had it two months and haven't hurt it yet.... but I prolly will because its brand new and the first bike I've had that has been BRAND SPANKIN NEW. =)

SIDE NOTE: My posts are showing up three times due to a firewall issue that they can't fix right now. I apologize in advance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26063/9405DDE8ADC9412C8B66A43DC96F7DB2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-28-2008, 02:05 PM

I am 5'3 weight 95lbs about 29" inseam which tippy toe on both feet when stop on my 2001 F4i
you should hear my story on dropping my bike too.
1. drop it at the stop sign to the right where the drain is on the street, brokethebrake lever and peg assbly which takes 6 weeks to order a new one at the beginning of summer. that was sad, by the time i got it replaced, summer is almost done.
2. drop it at the light where my left feet just right in the hole on pavement, this time I broke the mirror.
3. drop it just stop right before coming out from a parking lot where a little down hill and up hill position where i cannot touch the ground at all, this time i broke the front side signal light.

then I lowered the bike down for 3 inches which is the worst decision i make ever. handling SUCKS.
put it back after a month or riding which pretty enjoy the height but not the performance.

now i have to ride at my tippy toe again which still not so confidence with.
but i am sure it will pass and get through it.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Hey all, new to this forum and Honda motorcycles (had a civic though)
Been riding for 9 years and only had one drop in a gravel alley. My mom's BF at the time was trying to teach me how to ride before I actually went to my classes. Well I got going no problem, but he didn't tell me how to stop.... I kinda bumped and garage and she fell over... since the course I have been alright.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...mynewbike2.jpg

Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 PM

Thanks for all of the replies!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 PM

I've been riding for 30+ years. Now I don't count motocross and dirtbike offs because if you are not falling off when riding in the dirt ocasionally then you aren't doing it right. Actually I fell off the XR a couple of weeks ago - tire pressure was low in the rear.

I can count on one hand my offs and tip overs.

My first off, at 13 was when I was a passenger with my dad on his BMW R80. I was launched over my dad and fairing then landed head first into a ditch. The first time a helmet saved my life. I really don't remember all the details on this one.

The second was my doing in 1986. Riding a road I rode everyday coming home from work. I topped a hill at 45mph to find traffic stopped, grabbed a handful of brake and lowsided. The bike went to the shoulder and I went into uncoming traffic. I can still remember hearing my helmet bouncing three times off the pavement. This off gave me road rash on my left arm. This was the second time a helmet saved my life.

Third was in 1989 slowing up to a stop sign in the morning on the way to work. Going all of about 25mph. As I came up to the white line the front tire slipped out from under me like I was on ice. It happened so fast there was no way to recover. I came down solely on my right elbow (didn't break - hurt like H@!l) I inspected the roadway looking for oil or something. I concluded it was black ice.

Fourth was in 1994 riding one of my husbands BMW K75s. This was a tip over in a parking lot. The K75 had these short stubby bars and weighed about 700lbs. When I pulled into the lot and stop my right foot came down on a bottle cap and caused my foot to slide. I couldn't manhandle the bike due to the short bars. I really hated those bars after that.

I believe that learning to ride in the dirt, motocross, trails, etc makes one a better rider. I taught my daughter at 10 how to ride on the XR100 and she is now riding our Hawk GT. My dirt riding skills have come in handy many times on the road and the track.

Riding a dirtbike may not be an option for you. Practice handling skills in an empty parking lot. Stand up on the pegs while moving it will give you a different perspective on the how the bike feels. Gravel is always tricky. The one thing to remember about gravel is to keep a constant speed and light on the brakes. Oh, another item... on a day when it is raining (not thunderstorming) take the bike out and practice your wet weather skills.

I forgot my fifth. This one is so bizarre I still can't believe it. In 2006 on my four month old 06 ST I was on the Ride for Kids charity ride. I noticed behind me another 06 ST and he kept running up on me. I recognized this symptom because I had the same problem when I first got mine. The ST is sneaky fast. Well, we came to a stop and this guy came up beside me and started to give me a high five. He lost the weight of his bike, panicked, grabbed a handful of throttle and started doing doughnuts next to me. Can you see what is coming next, I could. I had nowhere to go. I was on inside of the lane, no shoulder, bikes in front of me and behind me. His rear wheel hit my front fork and rim, the force knocked me over. His rear wheel continued to make contact all the way down the left side of my bike and if I had tried to keep the bike up the rear wheel whould have got my leg. His rear wheel damaged the left side and the PUSH over caused damaged to the right. Total damage was over $3000.

Now what are the chances of 2 STs getting tangled up in a ride with thousands of bikes. This incident is why I don't like doing group rides with riders I don't know or know their skill level.

Quick Reply: Have you ever dropped your bike or had an accident?