Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Have you ever dropped your bike or had an accident?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever dropped your bike or had an accident?

Hi sistas,
I have dropped/ laidmine twice but at a slow pace .. The first time the lead driver made a quick turn and to avoid an accident I laid the diva down gently ..The second time I was in the garage looking a blown taillight and stepped back on a tire that I told hubby to move many time before .Let's just say the tire got moved that day.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:15 PM

I did some beginner drops when I first started. But Had a big accident in '07 with a truck. A 19 yr old GIRL pulled out and stopped in an intersection I was coming up on. Didn't have much time to react. Hit her on the right side near the bed. They said I went about 20 ft straight up in the air. The two people behind me layed their's down and slid past me. Crushed my right pinky knuckle and smashed my right wrist. Doc says it was like a punched a truck at 40 mps. Luckily I was only going that speed. Couple brush burns from my clothing I had on, but no ROAD RASH. Totaled her truck and my baby (CBR929). Wrist still not right, was in school at the time to become a motorcycle mechanic too. Can't do that now, but did buy a new ride and got back onlil over 2 months after accident.Im hard headed. hehe

Old 12-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I had my first accident in 17 years of riding just a few months ago ..all my fault, took my bike out when I wasnt up to it and hit a car[]

I shattered all my plastics virtually and badly bruised myself up, has it put me off?? ..no, because I know what I did wrong and it was down to me ... my family dont understand my wanting to ride again, they just dont understand bikers ..I no longer try with them ..I just get quietly on with it ..I will probably buy another bike for Spring as the F3 is taking longer than I thought to fix up, lots of hidden damage, next thing it will be April and I still wont be on the road ..easier to get another bike and fix F3 as and when ..

Jules

Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 PM

Update:

July 30th, 08 I had my first track lowside at Blackhawk Farms turn one. Scarred up my F2 but still very runable. When you look for the edge you eventually find it. I still bounce well and now my leathers don't look like I just bought them. I repaired the F2's plastics and got back on the track two weeks later.

The weird thing was that exactly a week prior my daughter had her first lowside on the HawkGT. Her gear protected her(bruises and bumps) and the bike wasn't too bad. She still continued to ride and we got her another machine. 1983 honda CB550SC Nighthawk, with 4000 miles and in wonderful shape. I think I stirred her towards this bike because I really liked the 80s Nighthawk line.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:00 PM

I recently crashed as well. Some idiot merged into my lane on the freeway and sideswiped my bike. i crashed going about 80. luckily, all i did was break my wrist (which was no fun especially having to have a plate and 6 pins put in). i don't complain much cuz it could've been a lottt worse. my bike took most of the beating tho, as i broke every single fairing pretty much, except the rear. so my f4i is a stuntbike right now with no side fairings, uppers fairings, headlight, nothing. lol.