Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hit N Run Bike Accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit N Run Bike Accident

I've been away from here for sometime now, due to a new healthy baby boy added to the family, but on Friday night 28 Nov, I decided to take my bike out one more time before the supposed snow came for the weekend, and I put Betty away for the season. Well I was at the ended of my street making a left turn from the stop sign and what do you know? An asshat runs the stop sign hits me and keeps on going. The bike slammed down on to my left leg, and we slid for about 10 ft, then the bike kept sliding into someones driveway. I was able to hop up, pick up my bike, and see if I could make out the vehicle at all, the only person around was the girlfriend who was on her bike so of course she rushes over to me. Well we have to get my bike a jump, drop it off at home and we head on to Urgent Care, come to find out I've broken my fibula in three places. I meet with my orthapedic surgeon yesterday, and I'm having surgery tomorrow at 0730 to have screws and plates put in. Don't you just love dumbasses that can't drive, and can't be accountable for their actions??? Of course my CO wasn't to thrilled about it due to me leaving in May, but glad to know that I'm safe. I know you all are wondering how is the bike? Well the bike is good, she has some scratches here and there, but I had all of my fairings removed including my mirrors, windshield, and others prior to the ride. I think the only real damage is to my clutch lever and handlebars. Well everyone wish me luck tom and I'll try to hobble out and get pics of the bike before my surgery. Semper Fi

Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Default RE: Hit N Run Bike Accident

OUCH! glad you are ok.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:34 AM

Never good to hear things like this, best of luck with the surgery/recovery. What goes around comes around, that guy will have his day.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Damn that sucks. Glad you are alright though.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Banned

Wow!! That really sucks!! [:@] Can't you remember anything about the vehicle?

I suppose I don't have to remind you that it could have been far worse, though, and we're allglad that you are OKand are here telling us about it. Good luck with the surgury tomorrowand let us know how you are doing when you post up those pics.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 AM

wow..i hate people...if i ever got in an accident i would definatly stop. What if that person was alone, couldn't move and had life threatening injuries?? I wouldn't want their life on my conscience just because i was afraid to pay a few dollars for my stupidity.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thoughts are with you - glad you and your girl made it through.
Heal up, and enjoy Christmas.
I hope the bastard that hit you doesn't...........[:@]
Semper Fi

Old 12-02-2008, 10:34 AM

Maybe it was someone without proper paperwork on them and did not want to get caught.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people really **** me off. glad your alright for the most part. really sucks your gotta go for surgery because of some stupid ****. sounds like your handling it alot better then i would. I'd have so much anger!!!! grrrrrrrrr!

Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 PM

That sucks big time! That person is worthless IMO. Good luck with the recovery, keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Hit N Run Bike Accident