Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Who or what got you into biking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who or what got you into biking?

For me it was my dad :-) ... he was always into bikes .. I just wanted one ever since I went with him to a dealer when I was 12 and saw this beautiful CBR600F1 (1987) ... my first thoughts were wow I can wash that bike just like a car ... all my dad's bikes were naked style older bikes .. seeing this first CBR600 it just looked so pretty with the full enclosure bodywork ... I decided then I wanted a bike even though dad didn't want me on one ..

Jules

Old 05-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who or what got you into biking?

I was 11 and a friend of mine had a KDX 80. What a badass little bike. He told me what I had to do and next thing ya know I was tearin up the trails. 22 years later I still love tearin it up on 2 wheels. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days. Once the powerband kicked in you felt unstoppable.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:14 PM

I grew up not knowing my dad, sothats pretty cool that your dad got you into it.
My story is kinda long, but I will try to shorten it up..my mom was a single parent with 2 kids and no family.Every car she had broke down.She would get so upset.When I was 11 we used to ride our bicycles to the grocery store cause she couldnt afford a car and was trying to save for one.I hated to see my mom so upset and I wanted to learn how to fix cars.So I guess even though my mom hated motorcycles I guess I would have to say it was her that got me into it.
My mom passed away in '02.I am an auto body painter and I am obsessed with cars/bikes/trucks.Great question!

Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bsporty

I grew up not knowing my dad, sothats pretty cool that your dad got you into it.
He didn't really want me on one but he knew I had been bitten by the bug ... especially after I sat on that 1987 CBR600F1 ... that was why he insisted I had to be able to ride properly once I was 16 ... I had weeks and weeks with him teaching me steering techniques and general bike control ... those lessons have stayed with me ever since :-)

Jules

Old 06-13-2008, 10:31 AM

My uncle would take me riding on his Harley starting when I was 10. I really enjoyed it but didn't really get into it until I went to Vietnam for the first time and my cousin let me ride his Kawasaki in an abandoned airport. Ever since I have been riding dirt bikes and finally decided it was time for a street bike. Now I have a beautiful '04 600RR that I call 'squirt' and is my best friend. Thanks for letting me reminisce.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM

My parents both rode...took me on the bike when I was a child...got one after I finished college.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 PM

my husband bought one and I insisted that if he was going to have one around the house I was going to at least know how to ride it - a few weeks later I was at the showroom picking out my own... it was an instant addiction

Old 06-29-2008, 02:59 PM

I always wanted to ride but the guy I was dating when I was much younger wouldn't let me. Then he left me for another girl so I though FU, I'm going to ride now. Went and took the course the following weekend. I'm so happy that other chick makes him happy, oh and I hope they both rot lol. jk

Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 PM

Learned to ride at 10 while at a relatives house on an old Indian dirt bike - I was hooked. The posters on on my walls when I was a kid were the motocycle racers of the era and Scifi. When I was 13 my father, who was working for a Honda dealer at the time, arrange for me to motocross that summer. Loved that too. Had my first road bike at 17.

I have been riding for 30+ years now and have no plans of stopping. Actually looking to expand on track days and moving to racing. Also instructing to give back to the lifestyle/sport.

Both parents ride, husband rides and now my daughter just got her license in June and is riding the NT650.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:47 PM

I road with a couple of friends on the back always Harleys. That got the idea in my head but I had 2 more kids instead. I started dating (still am ) a much younger guy that always talk about sport bikes. He talked me into letting him get a 1983 1100 cb and I seen him riding down the road while I was driving the mini van with the little ones screaming there heads off. Pretty much decided right then I wanted a bike. Within that month I found my 1991cbr 600 f2now he's the jealous one ( I got the better bike) The sreaming kids and gas prices made my mind up.

Quick Reply: Who or what got you into biking?