New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new to biking

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to biking

Hey everyone, i bought my first bike, n 02 f4i with little less than 5k miles on it, n am enjoying riding it so far. I've wanted a bike for the longest time n finally got enough cash to buy one and equipment. I've never ridin any type of motorcycle before this bike. I have about 6 hours of riding time under my belt so far. I'm not unfamiliar with speed n reacting to other drivers on the road but that phase is over for me. I bought the bike more for the experience. Bikes are all new to me as far as tuning n adjusting parts n such so im sure ill be doing a lot of searching n posting questions. I'm sure i'll be talking to many of u again here soon.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

welcome to the forums and congratulations on the F4i, a fine choice of bike :-)

Since you have never ridden before I would definitely recommend some training, also read up on counter steering (link in my sig) ... for now I would just concentrate on geting the bike well serviced and running as Honda intended before considering "mods"

Enjoy the forums and be safe!! :-)

Jules

Old 06-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Snake, congratulations on your new ride and good choice in model. Juliet brought up good points. Look into taking the MSF course (if you haven't yet); extremely helpful. It's good to hear you've thought about protective equipment already. As with maintenance & mods, you came to the right place. There's tons of F4i owners here so don't be affraid to ask away...
Welcome to CBRF

Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I have signed up for the motorcycle safety class but it's not till mid july.
There have been a few issues ive come across since buying the bike. First, and most noticeable is the idle, n throttle feel. The bike idles at 2K even at its warmed up n been ridin for a while. Ive tried adjusting the cable near the throttle like mentioned in the manual but it does nothing. It's threaded all the way down right now, close to the handle. Ive backed it off almost n inch n the idle still stayed the same. How else can i get the idle down to the 1300 rpm that its supposed to be at?
The other issue is that it feels like i have to turn the handle about a 1/16 after the slack is out before the bike responds. Is that Normal?

Old 06-26-2009, 08:13 PM

the idle screw is right behind the left (described as if you're on the bike) side fairing
if should be right next to the fairing where it arches down around where your leg is when you ride

just turn it counterclockwise to lower the idle
but be sure the bike is warmed up because it should idle around 2k until the temp reads on your cluster

Old 06-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Thanks bwayers. i did see that little twisty **** yesterday when putting on my stripes. I just wasn't sure what it was for. I'll adjust it today.