Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Lowering bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lowering bikes

my F4i is 1 inch down
links at the back

just the ground clearance is affected
you have more confidence when you can flat foot both feet than not.

shh im not suppose to be posting in here

Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 PM

This helped me a great deal with how my bike handles and they also can adjust your spring so your not sitting higher in the back if you don't have the weight down, but you would need to find a place near you that does it.

https://cbrforum.com/m_71596/tm.htm

Old 03-24-2006, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: shraz
just the ground clearance is affected
Sooooo untrue. HANDLING is affected greatly, which in turn affects safety.

'nuff said.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:51 PM

I'm 5'4 and can touch fine on my 600 but my old 1990 ex500 was so top heavy i found that in order to get better traction and touch i got the corbin seat and that alone dropped me 2 inches inthe seat! whatever your comfortable with is fine and if your unsure then looking at the seat to shave or picking up a lower one is probably your best bet. because dropping yourself in the seat more is always a good thing wether your pulling it up or just relaxing......

Old 03-29-2006, 10:19 PM

I'm 5'6". I am "almost" flat footed, but not quite, so I tend to slightly lean and put my left foot down when i stop. I am lucky to be long legged/shorter torso. I have a friend that put the dog bone on her 05' CBR600 and hasn't had any trouble at all.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:01 PM

I am 5ft. 3# and have to have a lowering kit put on it.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:05 PM

I'm just 5' maybe..... and just upgraded from a cruiser from which I could definately touch, to a 02' CBR F4i at which I couldn't touch until I had it lowered. Unfortunely it could only go down 1 or 3 inchs. 3 inchs is way to much, because then your risking damage to your bike when you go over any bumps,dips in the road and even going around turns. So now it's only lowered 1 inch and I can barely touch but can manage. Lowering your bike is not good, but when you're vertically challenged like myself, theres really no way around it. I even tried some of my high heel boots and that didn't work. Bottom line is, you really got to go with what feels comfortable to you.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:44 PM

Slamming your bike won't affect handling unless you only drop the *** end. When you only drop the *** end it extends the rake of the forks making it more chopper-like. Just make sure that when you drop it you drop the front end as well and have the front slightly lower than the back for improved handling. If you're carving corners and dragging your exhaust/rear sets, chances are that you're not even on the bike anymore. If you're ballsy or ovary enough to get it that low in a corner you need to start charging admission for people to watch you ride. As for clearance issues with the belly, just take it easy on speed-bumps and driveways and for god sakes don't hit any animals in the road. The answer is yes ladies, drop your bike so you feel comfortable on it otherwise you'll hate stop lights....

Old 05-26-2006, 02:14 AM

I rode an F4i that was dropped 3 inches....handling SUCKED! Overall performance....BAD! But that was just my intake...

Old 05-26-2006, 06:20 PM

If you're ever over here in Oregon - you can ride mine, handles like a dream.

There's so much that can affect the ride - perhaps the one you rode wasn't lowered properly, or even the compression/rebound settings weren't adjusted right. Wheels, tires, steering head bearings could be loose or too tight, sag could be way off.

I've had my dirt bike professionally lowered as well, believe me, life on a motorcycle is waaaay easier if you can touch the ground solidly. I know some gals manage, slide practically off when they come to a stop, all that, but why make things more difficult.

Spend some time, energy, $$ to getting your bike set up properly for your height and weight - effort well spent.

-Susan
'04CBR600F4i - lowered and I love it!

Quick Reply: Lowering bikes