Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Lowering bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lowering bikes

Who are you addressing this too?

Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 PM

I'll ask the next time I talk to the guy. Would be a cool trip for sure. Haven't got any long ones planned yet, so..... I'll let u know if I find out any more.

Cheers!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:57 PM

hey pitsvtec...where can i find these rocket dog dragline boots you are talking about?? i tried doing a search online and couldnt find them. Let me know...thanks!!

Old 02-27-2006, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Mini Me

I'll ask the next time I talk to the guy. Would be a cool trip for sure. Haven't got any long ones planned yet, so..... I'll let u know if I find out any more.

Cheers!

Cool sounds good.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: dd74

hey pitsvtec...where can i find these rocket dog dragline boots you are talking about?? i tried doing a search online and couldnt find them. Let me know...thanks!!
I bought them at www.whatapair.com but you'd have to contact their customer service to see if they have anymore. I've listed some sites below that may help you find a boot.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/amazin-grace/rocketdog.html (look at the Astro boots)
http://www.funky-footwear.co.uk/cate...%B4+Shoes.html
http://www.bootbarn.com/multiview/me...ar/All/All/All

Old 03-03-2006, 05:09 PM

I just took my regular Dianese mc boots to a local cobbler and he added about an inch (some on the inside, some on the outside). Just walking around the house in them is fun - I can reach things!
-Susan
CBR600F4i

Old 03-03-2006, 08:26 PM

There ya go, that's one way to do it.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:39 PM

Oh yeah, and I also took the seat to an upholsterer and had them cut it down quite a bit, and in on the sides.

I did the seat on my old Seca 2 myself with a bread knife, it was a little lumpy but worked fine - figured my CBR rated a professional job tho!
-Susan

Old 03-06-2006, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: The Ant

I just took my regular Dianese mc boots to a local cobbler and he added about an inch (some on the inside, some on the outside). Just walking around the house in them is fun - I can reach things!
-Susan
CBR600F4i

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

Well I shy away from lowering the bike b/c it throws off the bikes handling. I'm only 5'2" and it's hard to believe that your 5 inches taller than me and have a problem. Sorry if that is outright, but it's true...LOL... To correct this problem I purchased taller boots. It's cheaper and if you ever want to sell the bike, it won't be an issue. The boots I now have are called Rocket Dog Draglines. They cover your ankle and add 2.75 inches to your height. Although, I can't fullly touch, they helped me a great deal . It's not a problem it you fully can't touch. At stops, I end up leaning the bike on one leg and when having to move it, I'm off the bike doing so. Be more confident in yourself and you'll be able to handle the bike just fine. Hope that helps you. Let me know.
I agree absolutely. Don't, don't, don't lower your bike. The nifty lil engineers who designed it did so with a method to their madness. It's designed to handle optimally at the height it's at. I'm 5'8" and can flat foot (or damned near) on most bikes, and definitely in proper boots. At 5'7", there should be very few bikes you can't get good ground contact on.

If you HAVE to, look into shaving the seat... it's easy to do (PM me and I'll give you some links to other forums where ladies have done this).

Quick Reply: Lowering bikes