Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Lowering bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lowering bikes

ORIGINAL: smooth_caramel

Mine was lowered in the triple tree and the shock set on the "shortest" setting. Since that makes it low, my kick stand is a little shorter than normal. I think it was cut then welded.

It is. They have to shorten the stand so the bike doesn't fall. Welcome aboard missy!

And the cheaper thing is to get boots that have some height. $70.00 for the ones I got....links can be pricey and like I said it makes the bike a little more difficult to sell b/c there are more guys riding than women. I know it hurts, but that is the evil truth....

Old 02-11-2006, 10:53 AM

im also 5'1" i was looking at getting the cbr600rr but can even get my ***** of my feet to touch the ground!![:@] i cant get seat sculped or anything the only option for me is to get it lowered but i will be on my wee cbr125r for the next year at least anyway for insurance reasons (expensive)

Old 02-14-2006, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: littlenikki

im also 5'1" i was looking at getting the cbr600rr but can even get my ***** of my feet to touch the ground!![:@] i cant get seat sculped or anything the only option for me is to get it lowered but i will be on my wee cbr125r for the next year at least anyway for insurance reasons (expensive)
[sm=welcomesign.gif]
It doesn't matter what size it is as long is you're out there doing it and having fun. Insurance is not cheap these days so ride it while you can and be safe!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:31 PM

Wow! What kind of machines are you girls riding that you can't touch at 5'7"! That's crazy! I'm with pits, I'm only 5'3", and I've learned to deal. I just slide my butt over and lean the bike a bit when I stop. It really comes down to a confidence issue. Once you get comfy with (and good at) the slow speed skills they teach in the safety courses most of your problems will be history. I only ever really have issues when I'm backing up, so I usually just get off the bike to do that.

I've given up on ever flat footing a bike. Then again, I did ride a buddy's '05 Gixxer 1K, and the thing is TINY! I was actually flat footed with a bend in my knee!!!!! Way Cool! Too bad it's a 'zuki.... lol.

I did debate the whole lowering thing, but like others here, was warned away from it because of handling issues. I did adjust the suspension presets to the lowest setting, which makes the bike drop further when I sit on it, but no more than Honda intended.

Btw, love your sig CBR Chick!

Old 02-17-2006, 08:20 PM

Thanks!
You're right about those gsxr's I sat on a 1000 at the dealer ship and it was soo tiny. I was flat footed on it, I'm 59 and ride a 1000 but I cann't touch, but the safty course did help the the low speeds. So it doesn't bother me, also I find that if you sit close to the gas tank when stopped, that helps a little but not much.
BTW where are you from Mini Me?

Old 02-20-2006, 02:53 PM

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS, save the money and invest in bigger boots..... Rocket Dog Draglines are perfect!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:40 PM

I live in Calgary, AB. It's COLD up here! I've actually been lucky for my first riding season, the only month I missed was December. I know you girls are all stateside, but what parts? Has anybody heard anything about a Honda rally in Tenessee this summer? I heard about it from one of the guys who taught my safety course, but I don't know exactly when/where, so a website would be great if anybody else knows about it.

Thanks ladies!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:41 PM

I haven't heard anything about that, but that would be great!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:41 PM

I haven't heard anything either....I'm from NJ, so I wouldn't be attending anyway.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:40 PM

Think you could get more info?

Quick Reply: Lowering bikes