Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

girl riders harassment survey

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: girl riders harassment survey

I actually never get harassed, but I think it's because I mainly ride with my boyfriend (jaynd). The only time I ride alone is to go to work and that's a short 15 min. ride... I don't know whether it's because of my gear either though, I wear all black too and my helmet is a "men's" helmet. I even wear steel toe boots so I assume that I look like a man. It is unfortunate to hear about some women being harassed but I am fortunate to never have experienced that.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:37 PM

Guys will always be guys and they dont like it when we are better at stuff then they are..... I get harassed almost everytime I go ride.....I ride with headphones now...... I dont really even notice anymore but i understand that guys are just jealous that i am faster!!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:26 AM

Noticed this and wanted to read it. Not sure if you only wanted a female opinion but guys will allways be attracted to girls. You can be at a lundromat or the market. Is it really any different if you are on a bike or in a convertible with the top down? Personally i'm not attracted to tomboys, so yes pink will get all guys attention but long is is very noticable as well as a large chest. Some girls will take that as rude but just stating the obvious or girls woudn't be buying fake ones.

I am attracted to female ridiers becuase I like to have a g/f with the same interests and I want her to be my buddy and do the same things together. I would be attracted to a girl in a fast sports car as well as a lifted 4x4 snince those are other hobbies. Oh wait, if she played hockey that would be hot to. I thought a tom boy was the ticket but they don't like pink, high heels or min skirts so that doesn't work for me. Most guys aren't aware of that though.

Girls will allways be hit on "if" they are attractive. It doesn't matter if you're in school or taking out the trash. You don't have to be dressed for the night club in a little hootchie outfit.

Juliet - your story sounded more like they wanted to steal your bike then you being a woman since you said they took off when you removed your helmet and saw your long hair.

I don't know if I helped any and have no idea if i'm supposed to be in here since some of you will probably consider it a vilotaion or stalking or some reverse descrimination something or other. Anyhow, just think of like one of those revenge of the nerds movies or what about if you worked in construction? How many females do you think are in those feilds? So the ratio of female riders is extremely small, so yes there will be alot of drooling horny dogs. Just wack em with a stick and tell them you're taken.

I can tell you i'm not jelous of any girl riders and don't care if they are fast. Racing isn't for the street, it's suposed to be on a track. I may be attracted to a fast girl rider but jelous would be like elementary school. You girls shouldn't be trying to prove anything on the street. Wear you full gear and don't worry about what guys think.

Oh yeah, why do you want a 1k? I know you think i'm picking on you becuase your a girl. Yes and no. I'm assuming you are short becuase your a girl but a short guy would get the same question. If your ready for one that's great but don't get it for the wrong reasons.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:40 PM

In my 30 years of riding I have not really been harassed. There was only one time when I was racing Motocross at 13 when two boys were giving some lip. How I was not going to be able to do it and such. My response was, "You are just jealous because I'm out there and you are not."

I think this look keeps comments at bay.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20597/FCE4A2F560D84679BCA7FC0B771FE0C3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 AM

I think a lot of it is the way you dress and carry yourself on a bike. I always ride with a helmet, jacket, long pants and usually boots. I look like a girl and you can tell, I have long hair and it's blonde, so it seems to get a lot of attention. But honestly it's all in how you carry yourself in those situations. I've had guys that will drive next to me for miles and guys that whistle at stop lights. If you react to it, you will get more of it. I even get yelled at when I'm riding next to my boyfriend, which is kinda funny at times.
As for the new bike consideration, have you ridden a new 600? They are extremely powerful, especially compared to the older bikes, even liter bikes. I think the 08 1000 is one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen, but it's really powerful too. On a dyno last week, I saw an 08 1000 get 162hp. That may not sound like a lot, but compared to 126 on a 600, and when you are on two wheels, thats a lot!!! I would reconsider getting a 1000, I really don't think they are necessary for anyone in my opinion unless you are extremely strong and aggressive. You will never out-power the 600 if you got one. Something to think about.