The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What is the most extreme condition you have driven your bike....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be such a wimp compared to others here .... this was probably my most extreme rideout..... 3 feet of snow at the side of the roads, up in the Lake District, here in the UK .... Easter 2008.... on my GSXR750 SRAD,,,,, That's me on the far right of the picture ... you can't see the SRAD in this pic ... but it was very definately COLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Found a better photo............. Picture was taken on the car park opposite the Kirkstone Pass Inn, Cumbria. And you can see a very nice 1kF in the 2nd piccy that belongs to a mate of mine...

Attached Thumbnails What is the most extreme condition you have driven your bike....-easter-rideout.jpg   What is the most extreme condition you have driven your bike....-srad.jpg  

Last edited by shakey; 11-30-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dense Fog .........going down to work in MA .......... next to ice it is without a doubt the
most life threatening condition out there ----- now I'm talking dense ( beside the ocean
and coast dense fog) you cant see others and they (cagers) sure as hell don't perceive the
rear profile of a bike until it's almost to late

Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been thinking of fitting a set of "hazard flashers " into my indicators for just such times, Sprock.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in SoCal...so the most extreme for me is like piece of cake to guys here.....heavy rain...riding home one day...forecast did n

Old 12-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Hi

The most extreme condition for my cbr in the north of France is the greatest condition to do training for the france old trials bike championship
I really like snow cause it's a very good training for the balance and dose throttle.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Bon jour, monsieur NORTHRIDER,

Be careful out there. I was riding my off rode bike across a field in the winter years ago. The snow was only a few inches deep and I was motoring at a good clip. It looked flat but there was quite a dip that filled in due to the wind blowing. It was about 6' deep. When it hit it, I went down and the bike slid on it's side. It disappeared under the snow and I had no idea where it went. I had to walk home and get a broom. I used the broom stick to poke the snow to find the bike. It had gone quite a distance sliding down into the stuff and it made a left turn.

I had to ride home with the broom across the handle bars. That part sucked.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:39 AM

Mines not so much extreme, just a bit different.

On tour with a group of mates last summer. Mixed warm day, so wore my very light summer gloves, ya know the ones that let the air in on the back of the gloves, all good. Started raining, no worries don't mind getting wet.

It then hailed..........feckin hard and for feckin ages. Road turned into an 'undie changing' experience for all of us with some very interesting if not down right 'chite ya pants' scary involuntary lines being taken.

Then theres the added bonus of wearing those light summer gloves in heavy prolonged hail. Result, really badly bruised knuckles/fingers/back of hands that made the next few days riding trying to hold bars, accelerate, brake or use the clutch torturously uncomfortable. When ever possible I rode down any hill with my hands off the bars to get some relief.

Cheers.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Rain, snow, slush, ice...but extreme wind is the worst condition I've experienced. This past summer I took a ride through southern Alberta heading into the Crowsnest pass. Maybe the fact that the route is lined with wind turbines should have been a clue... Riding straight into the wind it felt as though the air was trying to rip my head off. My backpack felt like a midget wrestler trying to pull me off the bike. My air resistance seemed to go off the charts, to the point that it felt as if the front wheel was barely skimming the pavement...
It is the worst condition I've ridden in.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

The worst condition I've ridden in on my CBR is when CB2CBR and I rode back from Tenn. in the rain. Sorry I don't ride my if it is too back, that is what a Cage is for.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^I'm no expert but maybe you can trailer it around just in case it rains.

Quick Reply: What is the most extreme condition you have driven your bike....