The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What is the most extreme condition you have driven your bike....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to race Enduro sidecar with my dad.. the puller was Honda Xl 500r.. many times we rode on winter too, and sometimes it was so cold one couldnt get his hands off the handlebars.... One Xmas we rode dressed as santa and elf... One can imagine the looks on the kids eyes... We have most of the year kinda cold here in Finland, so we are used to Cold weather... When i was kid i used to do hiking with skis in Lappland, and we slept in -40 celsius in snow.. in sleepingbags offcourse... And the cold there is different cos its kinda dry...

Old 11-27-2011, 03:17 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember I was out on the bike once and it almost rained!

Somebody had to do it ............

Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In summer, 45 C for 150 miles.

In winter, -4C, 30-40 MPH wind at right angles to the line of travel, sleet, fog and black ice in patches.All at once. Scared the cr-p out of me.

Bike never missed a beat in either case. I love that old girl !

Old 11-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkwind
I remember I was out on the bike once and it almost rained!

Somebody had to do it ............
I like your style

Old 11-28-2011, 06:56 AM

Over here; Storms with lightning striking at the sides of the road, rain so hard cars in front of me were aquaplaning.

-8c on the way to work for 2 winters when I worked 45 minutes from home.

In England; Snow or freezing cold. So cold that when we used to leave the pub we'd have to scrape the ice off our bike seats, then try to make it home before the trucks started putting out the rock salt to prevent black ice.

I got chilled to the bone one time when I rode too far and spent all night curled up in a ball, just not warming up. I thought I was going to die in fact...probably should've been a hospital job.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I use to use Lemon Pledge wax on my shield to shed water. On the 300 mile return for a day trip, late at night, I stopped at a gas station and bought some as it was pouring out. I didn't read the can. If I had I would have learned that it said "NEW NO-WAX FORMULA".

Now I was smearing lemon oil all over my shield inside and out and all over my safety glasses I ride with. It was dark, foggy and raining. I almost went down twice. At one point, in a construction area, I had a great deal of trouble on an un-paved surface of what I thought was a torn up road. I lifted my shield and noticed car headlights about 1/2 mile down below.

I had gone off the road and up on a hill and was riding around the bulldozers and graders. It took a while to get back down off the muddy, rutty hill. I have know idea how the FeeK I got up there. I do know I could not see a damn thing.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I use to use Lemon Pledge wax on my shield to shed water. On the 300 mile return for a day trip, late at night, I stopped at a gas station and bought some as it was pouring out. I didn't read the can. If I had I would have learned that it said "NEW NO-WAX FORMULA".

Now I was smearing lemon oil all over my shield inside and out and all over my safety glasses I ride with. It was dark, foggy and raining. I almost went down twice. At one point, in a construction area, I had a great deal of trouble on an un-paved surface of what I thought was a torn up road. I lifted my shield and noticed car headlights about 1/2 mile down below.

I had gone off the road and up on a hill and was riding around the bulldozers and graders. It took a while to get back down off the muddy, rutty hill. I have know idea how the FeeK I got up there. I do know I could not see a damn thing.
OK mate we surrender! You win!!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo

Pretty funny! Well off the beaten track but I think it was you that was extreme, rather than the conditions...good story mate!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Cool

through a tornado coming from miami to orlando it rained for 3.5 hrs my bike was drifting left to right i had to compensate by pushing the handlebar in the opposite direction to where the bike was drifting to keep it straight

Old 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Any of you ever tried riding through London in rush hour?
Give me lemon pledge and a tornado in cryogenic suspension any day.

Quick Reply: What is the most extreme condition you have driven your bike....