Old 10-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep drinking Mike ...........it'll get better eventually ...........LOL

Oh and no diet chit with JD...........it messes with your mind too

Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sir Sprock, Thanks for the thought, and I NEVER drink unleaded cola . But seriously guys... I didn't think much about the fuel and abuse issues till another completely unbiased source beat me to the punch...

Any opinions? Should I start a thread on it to get it around???

Last edited by michealparks; 10-24-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Sprock's fault
Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't respond because I'm not sure how to...
But I'll surely try!

1. Nice watch! Not a bad idea. Is that a timex? I'd prolly go with a timex. "Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" so they say...

2. I guess it all depends on where you get the parts? I don't know. I haven't found a huge difference in parts. Our bikes were sold overseas for a few years longer, maybe that makes a difference? It seems that maybe more people are into bikes (in general) over there, too. Moto racing?
I like the morgan carbtune.... that's a UK tool. Hell of a good one. Come to think of it, there does seem to be some really good moto tools in the UK...

On the fuel thing.... I don't think there is a big difference. If anything, I think it may even be the other way around? Not really sure on that one....probably not much difference if any, I would think...

And no, you don't sound "unpatriotic". I've never really bought into all that crap. If I did, I'd be siding with the HD idiots when they say "He rides one of them there dam jap bikes cuz he don't support the good ole USA!"
I believe that if it's a superior product, it doesn't matter where it's made.

As far as trashing and abusing our stuff...well... I don't think we're really any harder on our stuff in the US. Maybe some of us are.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout

1. Nice watch! Not a bad idea. Is that a timex? I'd prolly go with a timex. "Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'" so they say...

2. ... I like the morgan carbtune.... that's a UK tool. Hell of a good one. Come to think of it, there does seem to be some really good moto tools in the UK...

On the fuel thing.... I don't think there is a big difference. If anything, I think it may even be the other way around? Not really sure on that one....probably not much difference if any, I would think...

I believe that if it's a superior product, it doesn't matter where it's made.
Its a cheapy Target Mossimo watch. Mo matter how careful I try to be I always abuse watches lol. I save my nice one for nights on the town with the human girls

I can't wait to try my Morgan Carbtune. It LOOKS frikin awesome I'm going in the shop on the 30th to do all my repairs and get 'er up again.

I thought I heard some where the base of the fuel overseas was different. More ethanol (less petrol and more ???? ) maybe? Also I thougth I heard on a car talk radio show that they still use leaded gas in the middle east? An American guy was gonna fly his truck there but they were gonna have to do some mechanical conversions so an unleaded vehicle could run on leaded fuel.

And I absolutely agree these girls are far superior mechanically. I just think our bratty little punks here destroyed ours around here so there aren't too many left, and what is left is garbaged up for the rest of us responsible ones to sort through. IMO....

Old 10-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I heard some where the base of the fuel overseas was different. More ethanol (less petrol and more ???? ) maybe? Also I thougth I heard on a car talk radio show that they still use leaded gas in the middle east?
Yeah, most of the pumps around here say "may contain up to 10% ethanol".
They probably all do. I wouldn't even know where to get regular gas with no corn anymore.
I'm not sure what the rest of the world uses as far as that goes. Maybe the same? I don't think you can run too much more ethanol without modification.
I actually use a ton of methanol at work. I have basically an unlimited supply of the stuff. I know people who would like to get their hands on it for biodiesel and racing, but I wouldn't even know what to do with it to tell you the truth. I feed bacteria with it. They suck that stuff up.. LOL..
As far as the lead, there are quite a few countries still running it. In fact, I believe shadow sees it over in SA.

I just think our bratty little punks here destroyed ours around here so there aren't too many left, and what is left is garbaged up for the rest of us responsible ones to sort through. IMO....
That's pretty true, which is why I bought one that had no mods whatsoever, with very low miles. If anybody is gonna trash my bike, it's gonna be me...

Old 10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny Michael , when I was looking for a clock for my bike I was thinking of going the wristwatch route as well , I bought an Oxford clock in the end , but it's only 'splash proof' so when I wash the bike I have to be careful with the water , otherwise it stops working for a while until it dries out . If it dies one of these days I'll probably do the wristwatch thing as well , the back-light on my clock is ****

I think a lot more sports bikes are sold in Europe , so there are a lot more old/wrecked bikes to choose from.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
I think a lot more sports bikes are sold in Europe , so there are a lot more old/wrecked bikes to choose from.
Ya may be on to something there Hawk....

Steve-O, what do you mean by "good ole gas"? You guys run leaded, unleaded or ?????? We run an unleaded mix w/ ethanol....

The engine side of my gal's carbs were way carboned / "burned" up... how you guys look on that side?

Old 12-26-2009, 02:38 AM
November 2009 ROTM

So,no one has mentioned the ease of changing Headlight globes,Left Right or Both?? Hmmm i must be the only one with Hands like shovels...

Quick Reply: What do you DISLIKE about your 1000 F?