The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What do you DISLIKE about your 1000 F?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adjustable screen would have been nice,like the '89 VFR 750 F had.....oops that bike also had a clock,single seat cowl & Gear driven cams.....AND would prolly match the 1000F off at the traffic lights.
You're lucky I'm not a mod here. You would have been banned before you got to the bit about traffic lights......

Now hand your keys to bambam... LOL..

Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks trout... i'll set up shipping...

Old 10-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrsixpack
Adjustable screen would have been nice,like the '89 VFR 750 F had.....oops that bike also had a clock,single seat cowl & Gear driven cams.....AND would prolly match the 1000F off at the traffic lights.
BURN THE HERETIC - I'LL BRING THE MATCHES
SHAME ON YOU
HMPH - Vsomething will match a 1000F ??? NOT on your life

You've been out in the sun too long, Rob !
Amymore of that and we'll have you on Mod approval................

Old 10-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehehe!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When was growing up and living at home my mom got mad at my dad for having a bike torn down in the living room.

Later I caught hell when my mom found my CB350 engine that I was rebuilding, under my bed.

The straw that broke the camel's back is when she found an entire dirt bike in pieces in my younger brother's closet. She flipped out then.

I guess this is more common than expected. When I finally get home in a few weeks there is a project bike I am thinking about and I know for a fact that it will be worked on in the house. I live with my two daughters and there is nothing they can do about it. he he he ....

Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to hijack the thread..to late for that , but i got my first motorcycle before i could drive as a basket case, I.E. all parts. My mother went out of town to work for a couple of weeks and just before she got home i had finished assembling the cycle and got it running. She called to check in and i had to let her hear the engine running so i started it. That was when she remembered we didn't have a cordless phone. I had worked on and started the bike in the middle of the living room. I tried to assure her I had layed down plenty of plastic to capture all the oil and fuel but she still seemed upset. The day she returned I made sure I was at a friends house for the next couple of days.

I still see no issue working on engines and such inside even though my current misses assures me its just not civilized.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:27 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK... Im sure (or hope) I'm not the 1st to do this, and feel like a noob for quoting myself, but I have 3 valid reasons.... Atleast I spliced mine up to shorten it up....

Originally Posted by michealparks
Pete I think put an aftermarket one that looked good! I actually ended up putting a wrist watch to the left of my ignition key and it works well...

...My biggest complaint on mine is, it seems like all of the parts I have to find for her are overseas. I can't find nothing here locally or even nationally with out crossing either pond...

She is a little clumsy at low speeds and turns because of wieght, but that is what also gives her such stability at high speeds
1. The wrist watch pic..... at the bottom and she still works GREAT!!!

2. I got into a lengthy conversation about having a hard time finding GOOD used parts or even better aftermarket parts in the US with a co-worker... 100% of the new(better) aftermarket parts and/or tools I have bought in recent times have come from overseas. Especially the UK. I've found some decent used parts here in the good ole USA, but a majority (if you can even find 'em) are trashed!

Maybe I may be sounding off as unpatriotic and self-trashing, but a good true blooded American Firefighter agreed with me completely about this before I could even say it.

1 - IS there a major difference in fuels (and I think there is) could be the reason? ie when Shadow noted the excess of the carbon build up on my carbs when I asked for opinions of it.

2 - Maybe we just trashed and abused ours and they didn't overseas?

3. Anyone agree with my wieght thoughts?

Just a few Jack & Coke fueled thoughts coming out....

Attached Thumbnails What do you DISLIKE about your 1000 F?-100_2703.jpg  

Last edited by michealparks; 10-24-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Jack & Coke Fueled Typos, and little sleep.....
Old 10-24-2009, 10:19 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FFS anyone?

Quick Reply: What do you DISLIKE about your 1000 F?