The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What do you DISLIKE about your 1000 F?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got away with putting the bike in the house a few times. Now, long married, it just won't happen. I've proposed the idea of setting the CBR up as a display. Polished up, set on a low platform, dramatic lighting. The wife just can't see that kind of decoration. I think it would look good in the entryway for the winter though.

Oops. I forgot. This is supposed to be a thread about gripes. So . . .
1. Weight? No, that just helps in gusty winds. Although there have been a couple times moving it backwards up a slope I've wished it were lighter.
2. The turn indicator switch? Yeah, it's too close to the horn button. Embarrassing at times.
3. ???? Guess that's it.

Last edited by DRam; 10-21-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:01 AM
November 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRam
I got away with putting the bike in the house a few times. Now, long married, it just won't happen. I've proposed the idea of setting the CBR up as a display. Polished up, set on a low platform, dramatic lighting. The wife just can't see that kind of decoration. I think it would look good in the entryway for the winter though.

Yeah & each time you walk past your "Display" you can here your speedo &tacho yelling out "Come on you weak ****- give it too us"....

Only joking with yer man.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbrsixpack
[/U]

Yeah & each time you walk past your "Display" you can here your speedo &tacho yelling out "Come on you weak ****- give it too us"....

Only joking with yer man.

Well, actually that's the reason my bike will never see the inside of our house again. Last time I had a bike in the entryway for the winter it called so strongly I gave in. I fired it up. Only for a few moments, you understand. But that ended it's stay in the house. I know, it shouldn't have happened. But I'm weak.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just recently suggested to the wife that we store both bikes in our bedroom when it snows.
I expected to be congratulated for my brilliance. It didn't happen, either...

Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My buddy rebuilt his engine on his bed - he was single then..............
Mick Doohan has his racebike on the wall in his lounge, so why not us ?

Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"

Originally Posted by hawkwind
2. No clock (would like a built in one and maybe a volt-meter).
Pete I think put an aftermarket one that looked good! I actually ended up putting a wrist watch to the left of my ignition key and it works well. After this whole reg/rec mess I may get one too...

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Wat back in time I used to keep my road bike in the house ...but those days are far gone ....

If I did it today ...I would be gone .. although I have suggested it to Kerri more than once ...
Her reply had something to do with me and the bike living in the garage ...LOL.
HAHAHAHA the 1st time my wife came over to my place when we were dating, I had my 2002 CR250 in my living room with the top end completely tore apart (I siezed the piston). All plastics off, and parts piled on top of plastic. Can't get oil on the carpet ya know I wish I had a camera to get the look on her face.

My biggest complaint on mine is, it seems like all of the parts I have to find for her are overseas. I can't find nothing here locally or even nationally with out crossing either pond.

I do have an issue with the dim back lighting on my spedo cluster with no way to increase or dim it and the inacurate fuel guage (very pessemistic). Which I guess is better than being the other way. Overall I've found her very open and easy to work on (so far).

She is a little clumsy at low speeds and turns because of wieght, but that is what also gives her such stability at high speeds

Old 10-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike ya can always wear one of these
to brighten up the speedo....your line of work LOL

And look at that Pete ....camera like yours only it works ...x2 LOL

Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Adjustable screen would have been nice,like the '89 VFR 750 F had.....oops that bike also had a clock,single seat cowl & Gear driven cams.....AND would prolly match the 1000F off at the traffic lights.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Talking

not having one is my olny dislike.

Quick Reply: What do you DISLIKE about your 1000 F?