The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

new NZ Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Didn't realize your 750 had gone 'Naki boy. What you got now?

Cheers
TK
Hey TK, we now have a fully kitted out 05 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 cruiser, it's a massive beast of a thing. Works better for us since my wife and I are typically out and about together now, much more enjoyable way to ride. It's also way better for my knackered knee too.
It may not handle like a CBR but man what a bike. 2000cc and 177Nm of torque, chrome and acres of room, brilliant for two up riding and touring and it looks great.

However, it must be said I do still miss the CBR for that magic engine & exhaust sounds. If I could afford two bikes, I would definately get another CBR 750, I loved my one and they are really unique with that brilliant RC27 engine, they really get up and howl.

Here's an older pic our bike without the custom screen or engine bars

Cheers Andrew

Attached Thumbnails new NZ Member-vn-plate.jpg  

Last edited by Ruaphu; 11-02-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ruaphu
Hi Ya Mike, welcome aboard. Which bike did ya swipe from the Naki?? There was a few for sale up for a while. My ole CBR 750 is down your way in PN somewhere.

Cheers (almost a naki boy) Andrew
Haha...
I got the CBR from Naki, found it on TM.

Mrs fell in love with it as soon as we pulled up the guys drive and she saw it sitting out front of his shed..

The RZ is a long term rebuild as i acquire parts project..

I have to admit the ride back from NP to palmy along the coastal highway was the best first ride i have ever had on a bike.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Hey TK, we now have a fully kitted out 05 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 cruiser, it's a massive beast of a thing. Works better for us since my wife and I are typically out and about together now, much more enjoyable way to ride. It's also way better for my knackered knee too.
It may not handle like a CBR but man what a bike. 2000cc and 177Nm of torque, chrome and acres of room, brilliant for two up riding and touring and it looks great.
Cheers Andrew
Nice one Knaki boy, I'm sure it will give you years of pleasure, I'd love something big and comfortable like that myself, but I only have a single garage and a narrow driveway, turning something like that around would be like trying to maneuver an aircraft carrier.

I think what I need (along with the CBR) is maybe an ADV bike. And probably a Motard bike, and maybe a postie bike (just to tool down to town on for groceries).

Sigh, so many bikes, so little space.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:42 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by madmikenz
Haha...
I got the CBR from Naki, found it on TM.

Mrs fell in love with it as soon as we pulled up the guys drive and she saw it sitting out front of his shed..

The RZ is a long term rebuild as i acquire parts project..

I have to admit the ride back from NP to palmy along the coastal highway was the best first ride i have ever had on a bike.
You Beaut, that surf highway is magic, glad you enjoyed the ride, great way to get introduced to the CBR. THey are fab bikes, they may be getting on a bit, but with TLC they are reliable and great to ride. Had a 750 and a 1000.

Re your RZ, take the CBR to a blue haze ride, those blokes will happily include you and may be a great source of support and where to source bits.

Take care, see you the road eh, Cheers, Andrew.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Nice one Knaki boy, I'm sure it will give you years of pleasure, I'd love something big and comfortable like that myself, but I only have a single garage and a narrow driveway, turning something like that around would be like trying to maneuver an aircraft carrier.

I think what I need (along with the CBR) is maybe an ADV bike. And probably a Motard bike, and maybe a postie bike (just to tool down to town on for groceries).

Sigh, so many bikes, so little space.
Yep we love the big beastie, and yep it can be like turning a barge at times, but hey, there's always a down side some where. I'm in the process of bypassing the electronic limiter to unleash the 177nm of torque from 1st to make two up riding better and one up, well urm..........mental, hehe.

Know what ya mean by garage space too, however dreams and looking still cos nothing (well until some Govt ****** finds a way of taxing us there too) eh, lol

Last edited by Ruaphu; 11-09-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Know what ya mean by garage space too, however dreams and looking still cos nothing (well until some Govt ****** finds a way of taxing us there too) eh, lol
Of course they'll find a way of taxing that.

After the total madness this week of looking at rebates in the building industry to lower house prices I would put nothing past them.

Example : a good friend of mine is (most often) a builder for a reasonably well known building franchise. Just within the last few weeks he got shouted a family trip to L.A. to celebrate 50 builds for the franchise with 100% customer satisfaction. I guess it cost maybe $5k or so.

So would those 50 homeowners rather get $100 off the price of their new build (probably average price of $400k or more ) or would they rather have 100% satisfaction?

I guess the Gummint expects they should get both, 100% satisfaction and $100 off.

Yeah, that will drive down the price of housing won't it?

Rant over, normal transmission will resume shortly.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:56 PM

You Beaut, that surf highway is magic, glad you enjoyed the ride, great way to get introduced to the CBR. THey are fab bikes, they may be getting on a bit, but with TLC they are reliable and great to ride. Had a 750 and a 1000.

Re your RZ, take the CBR to a blue haze ride, those blokes will happily include you and may be a great source of support and where to source bits.

Take care, see you the road eh, Cheers, Andrew.
Cheers Boss.. Yes i have to admit i did fall in love with the CBR on the way home.
(Ridden the surf Highway quite a few times on other bikes)

Well i took it for a ride around home on Saturday and the bloody water pump has decided to let go..

Only 4 weeks till the coast to coast ride so need to source another one...
Anyone know what pump goes on the 92 USA version...
And good price too.....

Old 11-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!