The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

new NZ Member

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new NZ Member

Hi Guys n girls..

Just picked myself up a nice 92 CBR1000F from New Plymouth New Zealand.
done 65,000 miles and still rides like new.

Me....

Apart from My girl n i.'s obsession with Subaru's, between us we own 3 different Subaru toys and have a 1990 RS Legacy turbo as our Racecar.

Well, been into bikes in one way or another pretty much my whole life.
Have owned countless dirt bikes.
Up until the CBR most of my road bikes have been the point n squirt 250 variety.
with my current other bike being an 84 RZ350 (now in the middle of full strip and resto) that i have owned since i was 17 (37 now).

Looking forward to getting on the new baby and doing some epic summer rides around the lower north Island of the good ol NZ..

Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Hi Mike , good to see another NZ member aboard, maybe when you've been around for a while, you can give me a hand to keep the cheeky Aussies at bay.

Keep an eye out for Ruapehu, he runs an 87, 750 just down the road from you in Stratford (if memory serves me correctly).

And an RZ350 under resto? Yum, check out the Blue Haze boys in Palmy, they might just have a sub-branch up your way; if not them, I'm sure VJMC will have something going on in a place the size of New Plymouth.

(PS : kiwiJK and myself both spent our formative years in Waverley, so we know where you're coming from.)

Old 10-14-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Hi Mike , good to see another NZ member aboard, maybe when you've been around for a while, you can give me a hand to keep the cheeky Aussies at bay.

Keep an eye out for Ruapehu, he runs an 87, 750 just down the road from you in Stratford (if memory serves me correctly).

And an RZ350 under resto? Yum, check out the Blue Haze boys in Palmy, they might just have a sub-branch up your way; if not them, I'm sure VJMC will have something going on in a place the size of New Plymouth.

(PS : kiwiJK and myself both spent our formative years in Waverley, so we know where you're coming from.)

Cheers Boss,

Yeah sorry.. i bought it from NP but i live down in Palmy North.
Yeah been a member of the Blue Haze boys for a while. haha the RZ has been off the road in storage for the last 7 years. decided about two years ago it was time to pull it out, dust it off and get onto rebuilding it. i forgot how old she is. finding parts is fun!

Oh no.. Waverley a..... Does class you as "Naki Lads"?

Old 10-15-2013, 03:25 AM
Welcome Crew

hello and welcome in
i like the rz or rd is what we got in the uk, get some pics up of her and i can re-live me youth

Old 10-15-2013, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by madmikenz
Cheers Boss,

Yeah sorry.. i bought it from NP but i live down in Palmy North.
Yeah been a member of the Blue Haze boys for a while. haha the RZ has been off the road in storage for the last 7 years. decided about two years ago it was time to pull it out, dust it off and get onto rebuilding it. i forgot how old she is. finding parts is fun!

Oh no.. Waverley a..... Does class you as "Naki Lads"?
I'm sure you can see why I got confused (advancing years does that to us all)

Good to see you're in with the Blue Haze boys, they seem like a good bunch. I keep a regular eye on their website to see what rides they've been up to.

As for being 'Naki lads? I don't think so, the border between the provinces is just north of Waverley, so I think we have always considered ourselves Far North Wellington province rather than South Taranaki.

More especially so because kiwiJK has spent most of his working life in Wellington. As for me, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've visited New Plymouth, but I've been in Wellington innumerable times, including a couple of times working there for holiday jobs. So the affiliation is definitely more to the capital than the mountain.

Cheers
TK

Old 10-15-2013, 04:46 AM

I wondered if the naki comment would get a bite!!

Mind you I can't tease.. I was born and grew up in woodville..

Old 10-15-2013, 06:13 AM

And for the overseas members that have never heard of Palmerston North, it did actually have a day in the sun (for all the wrong reasons)

JOHN CLEESE: If you ever do want to kill yourself, back lack the courage, I think a visit to Palmerston North will do the trick.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
And for the overseas members that have never heard of Palmerston North, it did actually have a day in the sun (for all the wrong reasons)

JOHN CLEESE: If you ever do want to kill yourself, back lack the courage, I think a visit to Palmerston North will do the trick.

Haha.. yes he did say that..

I guess our local city council has a decent sense of humour.

Landfill named after comedian John Cleese - Wikinews, the free news source

Old 11-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by madmikenz
Hi Guys n girls..

Just picked myself up a nice 92 CBR1000F from New Plymouth New Zealand.
done 65,000 miles and still rides like new.

Me....

Apart from My girl n i.'s obsession with Subaru's, between us we own 3 different Subaru toys and have a 1990 RS Legacy turbo as our Racecar.

Well, been into bikes in one way or another pretty much my whole life.
Have owned countless dirt bikes.
Up until the CBR most of my road bikes have been the point n squirt 250 variety.
with my current other bike being an 84 RZ350 (now in the middle of full strip and resto) that i have owned since i was 17 (37 now).

Looking forward to getting on the new baby and doing some epic summer rides around the lower north Island of the good ol NZ..
Hi Ya Mike, welcome aboard. Which bike did ya swipe from the Naki?? There was a few for sale up for a while. My ole CBR 750 is down your way in PN somewhere.

Cheers (almost a naki boy) Andrew

Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ruaphu
Hi Ya Mike, welcome aboard. Which bike did ya swipe from the Naki?? There was a few for sale up for a while. My ole CBR 750 is down your way in PN somewhere.

Cheers (almost a naki boy) Andrew
Didn't realize your 750 had gone 'Naki boy. What you got now?

Cheers
TK

Quick Reply: new NZ Member