The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aha, Sprock beat me to this - it's a duplicate but at least all you reprobates have met the new man.
Told Ric he needs a sense of humour to come here.
AT LEAST HE'S GOT THE RIGHT COLOR MODEL - THE BEST THERE IS !! (Now wait for the cr-p to start flying, AGAIN) You boys just don't know a good thing when you see one.

Wait till you hit 6000RPM Ric, and you'll see why they are called Hurricanes -

Stumpy, not sure if I should beat you with a stick or fall about laffin ' 'S'all good Brother.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. Darren here from rural Victoria, Australia. Picked up my '96 1000F about 4 weeks ago. Very happy and looking forward to many good times. Also happy to have found an informative forum.
Stay safe everyone.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Welcome Crew

G'day Darren, you will enjoy the bike, and hopefully the forum, lots of usefull stuff and helpfull people in here, by the way I think you got the best lookin model there with the MK111!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Default noob

Hey guys I'm new here and am currently in process of building an 87 hurricane 1000cc from the frame up along with my son. Some of my best memories as a kid are of working on cars and bikes with my dad down in south Florida in the late 80s. Dad always rode a 750 nighthawk... But always wanted a cbr1000f! Well now that I have a son it's time to start our first project together!!! I look forward to the knowledge and friends I will come across on these forums! Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi!!!! Just want to introduce myself and tell you about my adventure im about to start on. I was born in 1982 and lived in south florida in the late 80s and early 90s. Alot of my best memories are of working on cars and bikes with my dad. My dad always rode a 750 nighthawk... but always wanted and talked about the 1000 hurricane. I now have a son that is 5 and i have decided that we need that same bonding me and my dad had. We are going to do a frame up build of a hurricane. i will keep you guys updated on progress. i appreciate in advance all of the knowledge i will gain and help from you guys.

Last edited by Sprock; 08-30-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Welcome to the asylum, BJ !
Put up some pictures of your build.
There's nothing better for bonding than working on your bike/s with your son/s. I did it too, and now both are grown, and still riding. My two grandsons are both bike mad, ages 2 and 4

Old 09-08-2011, 12:36 AM

Hi I am Brian,denmark,but live in Thailand.Just got a CBR 1000cc Hurricane(think from 91-92)as nothing is for sure in this country.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I'd like to extend an "oven warm" hello to new member Cupcake! Was wondering if you are the cream filled kind?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 AM

I think that's a jam-filled cupcake, but then CB2CBR would know better..............
all we know is the icing is PINK and very sweet.......

Oh and Steve-o
I'll raise you one tin shack, two grass huts, a dunny and a postman......................

I may even throw in some bunny ears (but don't tell TBT)

AND TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS - A warm welcome to one and all.
If you didn't know it before, YOU NEED A SENSE OF HUMOUR IN HERE.

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!