Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Welcome kzoc

Welcome to the Forum man

Old 06-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kzoc
Glad I found this forum! I have a Hurrican that was gifted to me, a roller and 4 BIG boxes of parts.

I have cleaned the carbs, and the bike wants to run on carb cleaner, but I can't seem to get fuel to the carbs from the tank!!!

I have looked in the service and maintenance manuals, but I cant find the fuel pump on the electrical diagram! It definitely isn't turning on either with the key or when dranking.

Any chance someone might have some insight?

Thanks for ayn help you can offer...
Have opened the float bowls? That nasty scale can clog your jets. I haven't had any fuel issues with my 87 yet, but carbs are all basically the same and they get fowled up from old gas.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kzoc; First of all, welcome to the forum!

I think only the early models had a fuel pump so you could try just bypassing it and running fuel directly into the carbs. That's what I'd try anyway.

Also mate, I'd start a thread with your question in the main section of our forum. you should get more viewers that way.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Forum KZOC !

Quote I have looked in the service and maintenance manuals, but I cant find the fuel pump on the electrical diagram! It definitely isn't turning on either with the key or when cranking.

87 & 88 had fuel pumps - after that they didn't. Do you have a vacuum feed on the leftmost carb ? If so, may not be working.

Oh and the fuel pump on an 88 is up near the petcock, cylindrical shape I think, like a cigar....

Put up some pics or give us engine numbers and we'll know what year it is..............

Old 06-05-2011, 04:23 AM

Hey everyone, my name is Derrek and I'm from Ohio and just got an 89 cbr 600 last week and so far I love it...it runs great and seems like a great bike for being 21 years old. anyone have anything to look out for? or perhaps replace before hand? i'm also missing most the plastics and i'm not sure what to do...leave it, get plastics? ($$$$$) or paint the frame and such..maybe go streetfighter sometime. what do you think?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:17 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Jake. I just got my first Hurricane after years of lusting for one. I have a one owner 1995 1000 F model, with 24K on the clock. It has extras too: a Givi bag setup, Heli bars, Corbin saddle, K&N filter and a jet kit. I am doing the 24K service on it now and am anxiously awaiting my new chain n sprocket set & rear tire I ordered. I love this forum, so much great info and a lot of fans for one of the coolest bikes around. I hope to learn a lot here.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:26 AM

Hello

Old 06-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Derrek and Jake;

Welcome to the forum guys! Pull up a chair in the Saloon any time and jump in to the mayhem.

The first round is on you though.

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!