The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, new to this forum.

Hello, I'm a new owner of an '88 1000f. I hope to take better care of her than her previous owner did. She runs ok, pulls like a beast when all the carbs open... I'm making a list of things I want to fix/improve. I've alread read some helpful hints to get me started...

Old 10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the club Good Pizza of course pics ? or we bug ya until ya post some up

Old 10-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Thommo & GoodPizza. Great bunch of guys & gals we have here. Tons of knowledge here so ask away.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the asylum Thommo & GoodPizza.

If you don't find what you need, ask away...........
someone will jump in with an answer

Old 11-21-2011, 12:00 PM

Better to make my mark in here too... Hello yall, my name is Petri, and i am........ Hondaholic.... Straight from cold Finland... In Finland i ride Honda cbr1000f or honda cb750f... while in Europe, the ride is Ducati... nice to meet Yall

Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Default hello newb checking in

Guess i better say hi too
Im Rob and i have just got a early 87 1000f for a re intro to riding after selling up 5 or so years ago (illness and mortgage payments meant bye bye to my very loved and modded zx12r)

Anyway this is going to be my first honda (sorry i allways had yams and kwaks unless you count my cr250,s i used to mx on)

I live in Dorset uk and the bike will be with me in a couple of weeks as its sat at my mates unit awaiting a mot
bike is well used but only done 43k miles so hope it still has some life left in it and looks like it will clean up well
rear tyre size is dissapointing but looks like a wheel swap shouldnt be too hard to do

Anyway enough waffle im sure ill be back to pick brains soon enough

Rob

Old 11-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so hope it still has some life left in it
I think you may get a pleasant surprise !

Welcome to the asylum !
I'm sure some more inmates will be along in a while.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Default Hi guys, from Huggy, Gold Coast, Australia

I've been reading parts of the forum for the past few months, and have found it really useful. Finally picked up a bike about a week ago, a 1994 cbr1000f has 46000 kms on the clock and is in very good nick. I've only been on her 4 times, but I can't get the smile off my face. Look forward to sharing my thoughts on the bike.

Cheers all

From Huggy

Old 12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome huggy! There are a few Aussies here and some from NZ, sounds like a ride should be organized.

BTW, the '94 is undisputedly the best 1kF out there. You will be hearing that a lot form the members. Of all the different years, it is by far the best production year, the best colors and the fastest.

How about a picture of this true gem? Everyone will want to see it.

Also, if you update your profile to show where you are from it helps us locate parts and rides for you, no to mention conversion factors. If we know that you are from down under, we will also understand why you talk funny and call a things like a wrench a spanner. LOL

Old 12-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Default huggy, 1994 cbr1000f, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Thanks for the welcome guys, I have just got home from work ( I am based in Brisbane, 75 kms each way) Being a Saturday the traffic was light. The bike performed absolutely beautiful. Had a late finish, so I tested the lights out on the way home.

Really impressed with the stable feel and the smooth delivery of power. Why didn't I buy one of these in the 90's or before!

I don't know how to post pictures yet, I'll go and and read the thread on same, and give it a go.

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!