How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Magnetic Drain Plug/Light Changer

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone ever notice that you sit at a red light soooo long on ur bike or in a car. and no traffic coming the other way "green light" then when a straggler comes along one car as soon as it get almost the ther area where he should be slowing down it turns yellow...? and they run it..? well

that pissed me off the the other day iw as pulled over for running a yellow light.... when i couldn't stop safely because they entrap people and make them run the light basically the cop told me that to basically give them a reason to "check paper work"

bull **** crap if ya ask me

end rant sorry

Old 11-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an old-fashioned DUI checkpoint to me!

By "checking paperwork" he really meant checking your breath. lol

Old 12-29-2009, 12:20 PM

awesome- this is really an entertaining thread-
some o the lights by my house go green when you flash yer highbeams- ive actually seen people shine super bright maglite type flashlites up at the light as well -though i dont actually know where the sensor is...

Old 12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leo_black_label
awesome- this is really an entertaining thread-
some o the lights by my house go green when you flash yer highbeams- ive actually seen people shine super bright maglite type flashlites up at the light as well -though i dont actually know where the sensor is...
Careful about that... I don't know about where you are, but flashing your brights at the light here in FL is illegal and could get you ticketed.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Shame we don't all have traffic lights like they do in Austria. Unless they're on critical and very busy junctions most of the lights go into standby mode after a certain time, flashing orange and you can just drive carefully through them without fear of getting booked. It's a great example of common sense at work.

I've got a collection of strong magnets which I'm going to fix to the underside of my bike and see if this theory holds up. I find it a bit hard to believe. Having said that, riding a '91 1KF is not unlike the mass of a small car and apart from the engine, mostly iron.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:56 PM

does a strong magnetc field have any risk of scrambling your computer for an injection system or anything ? maybe thats just the old san box computers that i played oregon trail on in school...
they didnt like magnets. haha

Old 12-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Try getting a really strong magnet, taping it to the side of your EFI computer and see what happens. Maybe it'll go faster as you approach lights which are just about to turn yellow. Anyone researched that yet?
Has anyone tried rare earth babe magnets yet? I've heard they can make lights behave somewhat erratically.