CBR 954 Fork Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild and Installation - Page 3 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

How To ... This section is to tell 954 owner's How To do something ... not for asking questions ...

Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM

UPDATE: It has been just over 3 years since I first rebuilt my forks with new bushings, seals and stiffer fork springs. One year later I added gold valves from Racetech. The pictures below show my old bushings compared to new from the first of this post. The other picture is my current bushings after 3+ yrs and 10k+ miles. The fork oil is just over 2 years old and well it speaks for itself. Very dirty and needed to be changed. For anyone still riding around on bone stock forks that have never been serviced I would highly recommend getting them done with new bushings, seals and fork oil asap.

I am currently rebuilding my forks again with new fork & dust seals, removing the stiffer springs in favor of the softer stock springs for drag racing use and new fork oil. After seeing how bad the fork oil looks after only 2 years I will be changing the fork oil every year now.
Attached Thumbnails
CBR 954 Fork Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild and Installation-outer-bushing.jpg   CBR 954 Fork Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild and Installation-inner-bushing.jpg   CBR 954 Fork Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild and Installation-unnamed-3-.jpg   CBR 954 Fork Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild and Installation-unnamed-2-.jpg