General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is power commanderV worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is power commanderV worth it?

Hi i have 2006 cbr600f4i and would like to know if a power commander would help my bike ride better and perform better. The upgrades i have are just k&n high flow filter and coffman shorty exhaust with no baffle and (525) -1+2 sprocket. My exhaust pops but not much after warmed up. Just want to know if the pcV would make a difference thanks in advance!

🌀🌀blueDream

Old 04-23-2018, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey mate, I have almost the same setup currently. Coffman shorty with BMC air filter. You definitely need tuning with the coffman. My personal experience with the coffman has not been great. With the baffle, it's very restrictive and I got around 86hp on the dyno with numerous dips in the powerband. Without the baffle, it's okay but you still need a tune. What exhaust did you run before the coffman or it was on the bike when you got it? If it was a half decent exhaust before you'd notice the difference surely.
You definitely need a power commander, but question is what amount you are willing to spend. If you are willing to spend then PC5 would be nice, but I doubt you'd get any used PC5s out there as the F4i is an old bike and very few would spend so much. You'd find plenty of used PC3 USb or serial models.
Remember you won't readily get off the shelf maps for the coffman as there are for some of the other exhaust and filter brand combos on the pc website, so you are looking at custom tune which is not going to be cheap.
If cash is tight, I'd suggest look for a PC3 usb and then get it tuned. Cheers

Old 04-23-2018, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome i just ordered it, I found it for $300 on denniskirk.com Ive looked into a local shop here in Atlanta to custom tune for 275. Thanks for the info i cant wait.

Also, I did have a leovince slip on previously that came on the bike when i got it. I deffintly noticed a difference when i put the shorty on, mostly in the lower rpm doesnt feel like its pulling as hard or loss of pressure to me sounded “whiny”. But it’s very different now that ive added air filter and the sprockets.