General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MORE chain help... weeeee

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE chain help... weeeee

Hey guys. Im looking into getting the clip style masterlink on this chain/sprocket set

HERE

Unless, that is, if you guys can convert me to the rivet style. I might go w/ rivet depending on how much it would cose me to take it to my dealer and have them swap sprockets/chain. But if its too spendy, ill just put the money into getting a rear stand and do it myself. Since I dont have a chain riveter, I would need to go w/ a clip style masterlink.

If I do go clip... what should I look for to make sure that sucker isnt coming off at 70 mph @ over 6 grand on the tach?

thanks for any help,

Chris

Old 05-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MORE chain help... weeeee

That is certainly inexpensive for a chain and sprockets. RK is actually decent chain. As far as clip vs. rivet I guess it's not a huge deal. I've heard all the horror stories about the clip coming off at speed but it's never any one I know. It's always "my friend's bike" or "this guy I know". Personally I have no knowledge of anyone's clip ever coming off. Having said that I will tell you that a riveted link is just more insurance that the bastard will not come off. Let's say ya **** someone off -- it's easy to yank that keeper off your master link but that rivet ain't going anywhere unless they brought a die grinder[8D] I think the Delmustator dude had the stealership guys rivet his chain for like $20. Of course you're doing sprockets also so it'd prolly be a little more.