General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chain compression tool for master link on chain

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chain compression tool for master link on chain

I just purchases a new chain and set of renthal sprockets for my cbr600f3 however the chain has a compression type master link not the ones with a c clip like i am used to on dirtbik chains. My question is, where can I get one of these and what exactly is the name for this tool? Also is there a way to improvise without this tool? I have been told no, but can anyone help shed some light on this issue for me?

Old 05-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chain compression tool for master link on chain

http://www.didchain.com/install.htm

That is a link to what the tool looks like, its called a chain Riveting tool

I found one at DennisKirk.com but it costs like 150.00 to purchase. Its alot cheaper to just take it to a shop and have them put it on for you. I'd put the sprockets on and then take the chain and the bike to a shop and have them put the chain on for you.

They will charge you atleast a little for labor but much much cheaper than 150.00 I dont think that would pay for itself for quite a while.

P.S. Dont try putting it on without using that tool, I asked about this as well and they said it is really dangerous if you put it on yourself without the tool to do it. Could snap the chain and whip around and crack your crank or something.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chain compression tool for master link on chain

Agreed. Make sure you do it right. The last thing you want is that chain coming off at speed.