General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed !

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed !

Hi fellow cbr'ers
Hoping you can help with this rather strange request!
I took my 750 Hurri to the test centre here (Koh Samui island, thailand) to complete name change details and get Hurri registered... All went well till they looked at the frame number on the headstock...
The guy asked if Hurri had ever been in an accident (Nope), then called out another guy to look at 'a problem'... The problem was that they thought the welding (headstock to frame) 'wasnt pretty' ... Basically they thought a different headstock had been welded onto the frame ... Indicating it may have been in an accident, or that some 'naughty stuff' had gone on! (A definite 'no' to both suggestions). The weld looks fine to me (pre-robot welding!), but now I have to 'prove' that the welding is 'normal'!
So... Would really appreciate some pics of the headstock welding of other Hurrys to show them that mine is normal. (Obviously block/blur frame numbers on your pics... I just need good shots of the weld itself).
So... That's it folks! I am stuffed until i can prove this, so hoping you good Hurri peeps can help. 😟

Last edited by HondaHippy; 11-15-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thailand...guilty until proven innocent? Maybe he was expecting a payoff of some sort... Kinda sounded like a shakedown.

Is there a higher authority you can appeal to? Maybe another test station in another town?

Old 11-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoWars
Thailand...guilty until proven innocent? Maybe he was expecting a payoff of some sort... Kinda sounded like a shakedown.

Is there a higher authority you can appeal to? Maybe another test station in another town?
Hahaha... You've been to Thailand before haven't you... I can tell lol ... Seriously tho... The testing is only done in one place on the island, and it is a government test centre... I was shocked how much it has changed in a year... gone all high tech! Decibel tester for exhaust (95 is the standard, 'Hurry' came in at 75), and exhaust gas testing too! I think the guy was just being a dick really... One of the other things he said (after putting his hands on the tank) ... 'This tank is a bit hot!' (Doh!... After the bike had been parked in the sun on a day with 34C temp!).
Just realised I should put up a pic of my neck welding to see what you guys think... Will do that in the morning! Cheers EchoWars 🙂