Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stupid People

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stupid People

Work isn't going too great. Morale in the office is at an all time low, with people getting fired for little things. And others jumping ship as soon as they think they can swim for it.

One guy gets offered a job elsewhere. A job paying twice what he currently makes. A no bullchit job offer as the company made it official, sending an offer letter on their letterhead. Via post even. So of course he breaks out the matches and starts pouring gasoline all over the bridge. Begins setting up to take all his vacation till his start date and generally acting like a typical short-timer (skating the razor edge of insubordination, showing up late ect). He goes to the new company...

To take 1 last test....

And fails the last test...

THE DRUG TEST

Old 10-29-2011, 07:01 PM

And no, it wasn't me....

But am I a bad man for immediately submitting an application for the job he just lost?

Old 10-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Nope. Its not his job, it will never be. Better your life as you see best. But if you get that opportunity, go with dignity, leaving bridges not burned but painted and intact. You will need that bridge again someday.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:16 PM

He was trying to take some bullchit that's supposed to flush your system out the day before the drug test.

I seriously don't get this level of stupidity. I don't do drugs but don't judge people for their choice so long as it doesn't affect me or mine. But there were 2+ weeks between him submitting the app and getting called in for a drug test. It was made very clear a drug test was required for employment. And he said he was out partying 2 days before they called him for the test (they gave as little warning as possible)

You think he'd give up smoking weed the second they showed serious interest to at least give that crap a better chance to work. At least until after the not-much-of-a-suprise drug test. And one of my friends who is aware of the situation brought up a very good point: our company knows of his "attempted escape" and the grapevine will provide the reason of the fail shortly.

He should be expecting a "random" drug test at our office soon. And for the union haters out there, my friend is a shop steward and he said the union won't rep him if they do.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Never burn ....... you never know when it'll burn you.

Hell yeah man ....... his pain your gain potentially ........ hope you get it.

That's just the competitive nature in all of us !.. I would not feel guilty for a second

Old 10-29-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Never burn ....... you never know when it'll burn you.

Hell yeah man ....... his pain your gain potentially ........ hope you get it.

That's just the competitive nature in all of us !.. I would not feel guilty for a second
In terms of training, we're equally qualified. In experience, he has 6 months more experience than me. In terms of skills, he's better than me in some areas applicable to the job. And I'm better than him in some areas that apply as well.

I also called an acquaintance in the company to let him know I was applying and offering him the potential New Hire Referral Bonus if i got the job. As far as I'm concerned, if they call me for the interview the job is mine

Old 10-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Good luck

Old 10-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Good Luck man..... always a nice feeling .... when you start interviewing

My only tip on interviews ........ impress 'em and make them feel like
they'll be missing out bigtime if they don't bring you on board.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL the easiest test and he failed. Man i love people.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's worse than showing up for the interview drunk, now he has an official
paper-trail verifying his habit. Even in the private sector ,that's not a good thing.

Shame on him, doh! Ain't gonna have a lot of money for weed if he gets fired from his
current job, too, now is he? Never assume something is your's till it IS. As Sprock said
earlier, I prefer to leave as a class act, with everyone sorry to see me go, not sorry to
see me stay. Hope you get the raise, Kuro, you sound much more deserving.

Good luck, Ern

Quick Reply: Stupid People