General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!! Getting no power.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!! Getting no power.

Alright i have a 99 cbr600 that im having some electrical issues with, first i got a new fuel pump and the bike was running just fine for about a half hour or so at or around idle speed, then i took it for a ride, i got about 5 miles down the road and my gauges start going crazy and i lose power, and the engine shuts off. So i push it to my buddy's house, let it sit there for a little bit, and eventually it fires back up again. So then today i took it out riding again, and it was fine for about an hour or so then i had a fuse blow that is for the gauges, brake lights, turn signals ect. So i managed to get the bike home and go out and get some new fuses, at this point the bike stuttered a little bit a couple times but i didn't think anything of it. So i put a new fuse in it and ride some more, about a half hour of riding later it dies on me, once again the gauges blinked on and off, and then it died. I tried starting it for a little bit, no luck, then try some more and it fires up and is fine. Start heading home and it cuts out several more times along the way and then it finally cuts out and now i have no power to anything at all, when i turn on the key i get nothing. Im thinking i got a short somewhere but im not sure, it could be something else too,let me know what you guys think.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Help!!!!! Getting no power.

have you checked for electrical connectors that aren't plugged all the way in? also check for a loose ground if you had any grounds unbolted, and next checked for chafed wires shorting to the frame. also, make sure your battery terminals are tight. lol.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Default RE: Help!!!!! Getting no power.

Yea, the batterywireswere the frist things i checked, i have a voltage tester that im going to go over the harness tomorrow to try and isolate where i am losing my power

[/align]