General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cali model

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cali model

Ok i was planing on moding my 94 f2.first i put a slip on on it. next a k n filter.i bought stage 1 jets only to find out mine was a california model after i bought regular jets.will these work?also iam toping out at about 130mph my buddy says his does like 150.is the cali model less powerful than the standard and if so how much of that crap can i pull off.also i was planing on cuting my air box hoses short a sort of ram air good idea?

Old 12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Default RE: cali model

I don't think (but don't quote me) that the california model matters when it comes to the jet kits. What did you find out that keyed you off to the fact that your bike is a Cali model? Also, any number of things can limit speeds, clogged fuel filter, carbs not synchro'd or dirty or running too lean/rich... even down to aftermarket change in gear ratios... so you'll have to get that all sorted out before I would be worrying about top-speed numbers. (Also, adding top speed numbers makes some people on this forum go into preaching "That better be on a track blah blah" mode, so if you want straight answers to serious questions, stay away from the "top speed" topic, just my advice)

I would suggest hitting the people up in the f2 section of these forums, they'll give you more zero'd in advice from the people who own and drive them every day. I'd also run a google search on any how-to's for installing a jet kit on a 94 F2. I'm sure you'll get some decent hits, and it'll probably give you information (check part numbers) on if your jet kit you have now will work for your model of bike, and if Cali/Non-Cali makes any difference. In doing that search, you'll probably find information on what makes your Cali model different and if you should (and how too) change it to the standard model. (I do want to say this isn't always something you want to change. I know when I did a search on my 1992 Yamaha FZR 600, the Cali model is actually prefered. The valve they use in the exhaust, while it does add some weight, gives the bike a more powerful lower and midrange. Oh, and there isn't a difference in Jet Kit's for the cali and non-cali models for my bike)

Not much help, but I hope it gets you headed in the right direction! (Oh, and if you don't have it yet, check the stickies at the top of this forum and hunt down the service manual for your bike if you don't have one.)

Old 12-05-2007, 04:41 PM

thanks.what keyed me was when i was changing the k and n i noticed in tiny letters on my airbox diagram california vehical.most sites where u purchase the jet kits have the cali jets and the other jets seperated lihe stg 1 ca model only.idoing my valve adj and carb sync in this process too.idk but thanks anyway.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:50 PM

Alright, well if you've seen some parts distributers list a different kit than the one you bought for your bike, then I would go with what they say. Worse thing is you can call them and play dumb like you don't know if you got the right part or not, say you have the vin number and can get whatever other information they need, but you need to know if it's a california model or not, and if so, will the kit you have work with it, or do you need to order another one. Good luck!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Ty

May want to talk to this guy. He seems to be very familiar with your situation. Check out the page he links.

https://cbrforum.com/m_61917/tm.htm