General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big problem with the HISS

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Big problem with the HISS

I recently had a crash with my bike, is a 2000 CBR F4 JDM, the crash was so hard that the tach broken the HISS system and now my bike not start.

my question is this, exist a possibility to solve this in an economical way?

Please I need help with this, I just finished buying all new parts for my bike and am ready to go again and only for this problem I'm stranded.

please help help

I am from Costa Rica sorry if my english is bad, this is my bike later and after the crash:

Name:  CBRF4_4.jpg
Views: 2273
Size:  122.0 KB

Name:  CBRF4_3.jpg
Views: 2039
Size:  118.4 KB

Name:  CBR_Crash2.jpg
Views: 2192
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  CBR_Crash.jpg
Views: 2377
Size:  58.3 KB

Old 02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you plugged your headlight back up? the bike wont start without the headlight unless you bypass it.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by jonld
Have you plugged your headlight back up? the bike wont start without the headlight unless you bypass it.
Yes the headlight is plugged..

since the crash the bike not start, the light of the HISS is on all time, the module of the HISS in the ingnition switch is broken and is possible that this not read de code in the key.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this HISS your referring to something aftermarket? The only thing in the ignition switch on our bikes is a zener diode. If that is what is messed up then you can replace the ignitions switch or do a search on this forum or cbrworld for the zener diode. I posted the part number a couple years back but havent repaired any in awhile so I dont remember off the top of my head.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by jonld
Is this HISS your referring to something aftermarket? The only thing in the ignition switch on our bikes is a zener diode. If that is what is messed up then you can replace the ignitions switch or do a search on this forum or cbrworld for the zener diode. I posted the part number a couple years back but havent repaired any in awhile so I dont remember off the top of my head.
Not is aftermarket, it's OEM part, it's on top of the ignition switch (have the labels HISS) where is the key to start the ignition.. I will take a photo to better appreciate.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:57 AM

thats not good news. As far as I know, there is no way to bypass the HISS. that was the whole idea behind it. A theif couldnt take your bike and make it work no matter what. It looks like you'll be in for a new iginition and new HISS system. The HISS system is a matched key with the ignition. There is an internal chip inside of your key that sends a message to the bike that it is ok to start. without one or the other, the bike will not start. Depending on how bad it is damaged, you may beable to buy a used system and then take it to a dealer and they should be able to re-program it to your bike.

But, I have heard that you can buy an ECU designated for the US market and replace your current ECU with the american version and it will then work. The US versions do not use the HISS. just what I've heard, so no gurantee's on that one.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
thats not good news. As far as I know, there is no way to bypass the HISS. that was the whole idea behind it. A theif couldnt take your bike and make it work no matter what. It looks like you'll be in for a new iginition and new HISS system. The HISS system is a matched key with the ignition. There is an internal chip inside of your key that sends a message to the bike that it is ok to start. without one or the other, the bike will not start. Depending on how bad it is damaged, you may beable to buy a used system and then take it to a dealer and they should be able to re-program it to your bike.

But, I have heard that you can buy an ECU designated for the US market and replace your current ECU with the american version and it will then work. The US versions do not use the HISS. just what I've heard, so no gurantee's on that one.
Yes you have all the reason, I need a new ECU US version to eliminate the HISS system, the good new is that I already have the new HISS module, I bought this in the ebay.co.uk, thanks to all..