General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2ct's and the cold/wet

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2ct's and the cold/wet

I recently purchased a used '01 R1 and was pleased to see 2ct's on them after hearing so much praise. I ran Bridgestone Battleax tires on my last ride, how would these compare as far as riding in colder conditions and in the wet? Do they cycle heat well otherwise? I did quick serach of this section and didn't find anything with ct2 + wet, so sorry if this has aleady been discussed.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never ran 2cts in the rain yet, I just bought a set and havent fitted them yet. But I've ran pilot powers for a long time and have gotten caught in the rain many times. They are the best performing tire I have ever seen in the rain. The grip is suprisenly good. Of course, its rain, so you will have to take it slower and use caution. As far as I know, the 2ct's use the same center compound as the pilotpowers do, and just a softer side compound. The tread is the same design and depth, so is the profile. So, the should perform the same. The pilot power is the only tire I have run that doesnt feel much different in the rain versus the dry. Which could be a bad thing if you don't slow it down. Just take it easy and you should be fine.

Other tires I have run in the rain are the dunlop 218.... booo... terrible, even terrible in the dry though... dunlop 208, ok, but definately slicker feeling, pirelli corse diablo's.... I slowed way way down. the feeling of them in the rain was very odd. Not exactly slippery, but different. Favorite all time tire to date is the pilotpower.

As for how they compare to the Bridgestones, I couldn't comment. I've never ran them. As for heat cycling. I would imagine they are pretty fast. The pilot powers are very fast to warm up, so the 2ct's should be the same.