Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ITS TOO COLD !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITS TOO COLD !!!!

Sitting here bored, its been too cold to work on the bike, its 25 degrees here and getting colder by the minute and it snowed last nite , so here i sit in the house reading all the good stuff on CBR forum, while my bike sits in the shed { all the plastic off for tune up and other maint} cant ride becomming grumpy and all, envy all you guys and gals in warmer places!! alot of sweet lookin bikes in the gallery. let me know how you guys and gals pass the time till spring ???

Old 01-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: ITS TOO COLD !!!!

I say screw it and ride unless there is snow/ice on the ground. I too had snow yesterday and I still worked on my bike it the cold making my own license plate bracket.... well, I made the prototype. You'd read about me in the paper if I had to lock it up for more than a week.... I was out of the sport for years while I was trotting the globe doing the Navy thing.... but now that I'm back in it... it's worse than ever. I'm glad we have each other here... my wife has no clue why I was outside the past two days in the snow working my bike, and why I spend so much time on here.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:37 PM

i either buy stuff to put on the bike or something to put on the jet ski threw the cold months and then spend all summer trying to get to play with one or the other, sounds kind of boring but it passes time till mr. sunshine decides to come out.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:56 PM

yea theres snow and ice on the ground in patches way foolish for riding, been checking e bay for future goodies have you guys had good luck with e bay stuff??

Old 01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: city worker

yea theres snow and ice on the ground in patches way foolish for riding, been checking e bay for future goodies have you guys had good luck with e bay stuff??
yep. snow here too and i also spend alot of time on ebay. there doesn't seem to be many great deals but it is a good place to see lots of different products. i've been screwed over a few times by scumbags but overall not bad. i just stick to buying from people with higher numbers of transactions and a good feedback rating.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:35 AM

Yes I have also found that you can not find as many good deals as before. It has gotten to large that everyone goes on there to buy things. It was a buyers market on ebay but now its a sellers market. Dont get me wrong every now and then you can find something for a good price but it is nothing like it used to be.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:18 AM

It snowed here too! I was able to ride 2 days before yesterday, but even then it was cold. Condensation set in and it was a pain in the ***....

Old 01-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Muz

No snow here, just god awful rain and might strong winds. Guess its better than snow though

Old 01-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

I live in Wisconsin, yeah that frozen tundra place. I'll tell you something. People in town think I am nuts. Dec 26th. LJ over here put about 30 miles on the bike. Yes Wisconsin, day after christmas, bike ride. If the roads are clear I am on them. People say, "Isn't it too cold to ride?" Then I remind them that thier are hundreds of snomobiles running around, whats the difference? You just wear some long underwear. Lol.
I am addicted, and their is no cure.
LJ

Old 01-16-2006, 01:18 PM

At times like that its time to get a heater for your garage and really get to know your bike. when spring comes she`ll be all fresh and ready to go.

Quick Reply: ITS TOO COLD !!!!