General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 cbr f4i ignition button question (custom gokart application)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 cbr f4i ignition button question (custom gokart application)

I apologize up front if I am posting in the wrong section, I am new to the site (which so far has been quite interesting and helpful) and a little unsure if this is the proper section.

I recently decided it was the time to install a cbr engine on a gokart. I swapped everything over from my 2002 cbr F4I and am very close to being finished.

MY QUESTION: I used all of the stock ignition parts that were on the bike. I recently purchased an aftermarket push button start to replace the factory thumb push button. when I took the button off the cbr I realized there are 4 wires that go to the one button?!?!?! two of the wires touch when the button is not being pressed and the other two that turn the engine over when touched or button is pressed. Also the button is made so that when it is pressed it disconnects the first two wires only until to release the button then it reconnects them ..... what are these wires? I couldn't find anything anywhere. will I be able to install the aftermarket push button?

UNIVERSAL PUSH ENGINE STARTER KIT SWITCH WITH BLUE LED HONDA ACURA INFINITI | eBay

Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 PM

i found this in another cbrf thread and thought it might help.. it diagnoses trouble starting and the second post talks about the properties of the kill switch with some detail to the wiring. good luck!
cbrf link

Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned

FIGURED IT OUT!!!! After just messing around and touching wires i found that the two wire in from are for the head light and disconnect when you press the button the give more power to the starter.. the two that touch when the button is pressed are obviously related the the starter... i guess you could use those two headlight wires to your advantage if you wanted to do an on/off headlight application.