F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where does this hose go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does this hose go?

I'm in the process of replacing my FPR and noticed that this hose is just disconnected. Its definitely a vacuum hose since I can feel air going through it.

Does it go to the bottom of the air box or fuel tank?

I circled the hose in question. It the small hose right behind the throttle bodies.

Thanks

Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 AM

Been awhile since I lifted my airbox but I'm pretty sure there are 2 hoses that connect to the bottom of it, 1 big and 1 small. I would guess that that is the small hose that connects to the bottom of the airbox.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:12 PM

Yea, if I remember correctly that connects to the bottom of the airbox to some pointless stick that sticks out. I remembered thinking "wtf is the point of this?"

Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM

Yea, when I had to replace mine a few weeks, I started putting everything back together. Noticed these two hoses that weren't connected to anything. Started looking around and realised they connected to the bottom of the air box. Threw me through a loop for a minute. It seems pointless. But hey, I'm no mechanic. Just put them back on to where I believe they came off and no problems.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesnt seem pointless when you know what they are for. Those vacuum lines are the lines used to measure vac psi when syncing your throttle bodies. There is one of those lines on all 4 cylinders but the ones plugged off at the airbox werent needed for any other runtime purpose. The others are hooked up to the evac junk on cali models, and the map sensor and fpr on all models. Oh and with it unplugged that cylinder pulls alot of air and makes that cylinder go way lean which is real bad on the bike.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by jonld
It doesnt seem pointless when you know what they are for. Those vacuum lines are the lines used to measure vac psi when syncing your throttle bodies. There is one of those lines on all 4 cylinders but the ones plugged off at the airbox werent needed for any other runtime purpose. The others are hooked up to the evac junk on cali models, and the map sensor and fpr on all models. Oh and with it unplugged that cylinder pulls alot of air and makes that cylinder go way lean which is real bad on the bike.
Awesome! I was just getting ready to ask if anyone knew why the previous owner of my bike pluggged those 2 lines off. Thanks.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 AM

Yep, they go to the bottom on the air tank. Between plumbing the vacuum lines, installing the FPR, and putting on the ram air again, the bike runs so much smoother. A world of a difference.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by tut4u2
Yep, they go to the bottom on the air tank. Between plumbing the vacuum lines, installing the FPR, and putting on the ram air again, the bike runs so much smoother. A world of a difference.
Are you saying its better to hook them back up or leave them plugged?

Why did you replace the FPR? I just bought one today, because I was flooding my 2 and 3 cylinder with fuel. Someone on the forum said it was because of a bad FPR.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by halomatic
Are you saying its better to hook them back up or leave them plugged?

Why did you replace the FPR? I just bought one today, because I was flooding my 2 and 3 cylinder with fuel. Someone on the forum said it was because of a bad FPR.
Definitely plug them back up.

I replaced my FPR because I was getting awful fuel economy and the bike was running pig rich; it was chopping up down low and the power delivery was very inconsistent. The FPR replacement was easy as apple pie. Make sure to use a clamp to block off the fuel line from the gas tank or you will simply lose all the fuel in the tank slowly but surely.