F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

06 F4i Helmet Holder

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 F4i Helmet Holder

I dont have a manual so I cant look this up so ill see what yall suggest. Im looking for a way to lock my helmet up on my bike. I know the split seat bikes have a way to hook the rings under the seat but does the banana seat have this? I saw the write-up of how to make my own coated cable and I may go this route ifI can find a way to lock one end under the seat. Please give me some suggestions for holding/locking my helmet.

*This will just be for short trips into a store or during a class or two at college in decent a neighborhood where im not too worried about theft. Its just hard to carry my helmet around some places.*

Old 08-31-2010, 07:14 PM

The F4i's with banana seats do have helmet holders. They are under the seat, about mid-way between pilot and passenger if I remember correctly.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM

I wouldn't do this. Just use a coated cable lock through the visor slot and around the triple. The first time I used a strap lock my helmet was stolen. It literally takes a few seconds to walk up and cut it.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NRWhiteKnight is correct. Lift the seat and slide the d-ring over the metal tabs.

I lock my helmet to my bike all the time when I run into the store. It's a risk. But acceptable imo. Now I have checked my helmet and jacket at restaurants too

Old 08-31-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by NRWhiteKnight
The F4i's with banana seats do have helmet holders. They are under the seat, about mid-way between pilot and passenger if I remember correctly.
Alright ill look for them next time im in the shop and have a chance to check it out.

Originally Posted by 4aiur
I wouldn't do this. Just use a coated cable lock through the visor slot and around the triple. The first time I used a strap lock my helmet was stolen. It literally takes a few seconds to walk up and cut it.
Im not too worried about theft although I want a little something to deter someone from just walking up and grabbing the helmet off the seat.

I wonder if I could make one of those homemade coated cables and hook one end under the seat on the latch and run it through itself and through the visor area of the helmet? Then I could just sit the helmet on the seat or hang it from the passenger foot peg. I guess I could make the cable short for sitting the helmet on the seat or longer to reach down to the foot peg....any idea if this https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...tic+coat+cable homemade cable will slid over the latches under the seat?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and said dumbass just ruined what they were stealing

Old 08-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't want to go w/ any of the previously mentioned options, you can go to your local cruiser shop & buy a universal helmet lock, bolt it up to your subframe, & use that.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:04 PM

Well I tried the stock latch and I dont think that is going to work out too well. The Drings on my helmet arent really long enough to reach the latches...im going to try making a cable tomorrow and using it. Thanks for yall's help.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
and said dumbass just ruined what they were stealing
Riiiiiight... Because water isn't wet, Saddam had WMD's, and thieves can't sew.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Riiiiiight... Because water isn't wet, Saddam had WMD's, and thieves can't sew.
Sew?

let's just say the chances are higher that someone wanted to **** with you than to take that helmet for their own use

Quick Reply: 06 F4i Helmet Holder