F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

The Project Begins

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright well i got the main frame and swing arm installed Temporary till i install the engine..
cleaned the forks up i was debating on painting them silver...but i have to keep the touch of gold match my grips and rotors..

painted the wheels up..

Old 01-06-2013, 11:41 PM

after a poll with a quick choice i decided i will be keeping my forks stock color unless i get the sack to take on polishing them....

rotors are good just need to be deglazed simple rough up/hone....
so now during my down time waiting on my rear sprocket to get and the funds to order my new tires i made the choice to start on my electrical.

my front wiring harness was JACKED and had shotty wiring work done so after about 2-3 hours of cutting tape off and trimming and soldering shrink wrap..
it looks alot cleaner shouldn't look like a cluster F*** of wires anymore when assembled....

so while i am waiting time to clean up the rear subframe /paint or polish still on the fence.....

after the rear subframe is complete... it's time to put the subframe and forks on and a few odds and ends.....

overall still happy with the rate that work is being done... still fighting the urg to go for broke and buy everything fast.....still winter !!!still winter!!! i have to keep telling myself

Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM

ok been a while since my last update ... i have been steady working on the ride..
things are getting intense waiting on the last few parts and getting ready for my wedding this May.

so anyway in the meean time i stated before about the wiring harness here are some before pictures where you can tell it was horrible.

so yeah i fixed that crap
anyway on to the frame and engine...
so i re installed the forks and front wheel rotors and calipers.. set the rear end up on the stand ... and take note the rear tires is not install *** it is sitting backwards...lol

well since i made the choice to go ahead and replace the rear brake rotor due to it being affordable and easy... so i am waiting

so i decided to prep the engine split the casing and clean up the gasketed surfaces previously honed the cylinders. changed the main bearings out to new matching the crank..getting ready to swap the fly wheel from crank to crank... and clean the pistons then change the bearings over and test the spacing. ok to the pictures....

once i get the rings in i will be double checking clearances on the rings and will be honing a little more if the space is allowed. with the old ones i have space to go but i want the new in hand for that.

all in all things are moving along and i am taking my time not rushing anything..
i really appreciate all the readers and can't wait to have it finished..
with the wedding i may not be available to finish all the cosmetic{PAINT} till mid to late summer but i will be running gunning and hitting the curves....

Last edited by stlcbr600f4_newb; 01-15-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 AM

little update not much has changed ...

spent some time on prep... cleaned the piston removed the old bearings from the pistons.and removed the old rings off the pistons started manual cleaning of the block to keep the debri down..

light install of the front stay and rear tail fairing... probably going to say screw it and remove the tail fairing and paint the fairings.... really having a serious battle about when i am going to get the paint done we will see.

but as it goes now

to get riding is- piston rings/ head gasket /clutch to get the engine built and get back on the road...

Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 AM

Ahhhh hell well i guess the bike gets put on hold for a little longer...... ::sigh!!:: have to man up and spoil my woman for her bday is the 8th and she comes before the ride.... i will be have the engine clean enough to eat off of lol... will post the updates like i have been.. should have the parts i need soon enough.... will be running before winters end though...

Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM

Alright well i expected downtime but as luck would have i have a little cash come floating my way...
SOOOOOOOO
i ordered up my head gasket ,piston rings, lock nut for the clutch assembly...
new chain....

so i will be assembling the engine the rest of the way woohooo.....
excitement but still not done yet lol.....

Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM

also did a little polish heres the pictures

heres before

heres after

Still have alot of cleaning left

Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 PM

I love seeing these updates brother. Have a paint scheme in mind?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking gooood

Attached Thumbnails The Project Begins-1289533680546.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by An01InAZ
I love seeing these updates brother. Have a paint scheme in mind?
i have been throwing it around and around... i love silver,white,orange, black,flat black....

white and silver may detract from the efforts to polish but.. silver would match my casting zones on the frame....

orange,flat black and gloss black may contrast the polish and make it pop..

Sooo i am little bent.... on top of that the more i look back at some of the pictures of the bike before the build i am starting to think keeping the fairings the same.... yet another struggle those fairings are awesome but they are cookie cutter.. anyone can have them ..... that just drives me nuts

a thought i had i have this beautiful candy blue with blue and purple flakes in it... it looks dark blue at night purple in the right light, brilliant blue in the bright sun... it could really set this off... it would POP......

without having the proper gear {paint booth} it could lead to disaster...

So this is a personal debate i am going through weekly drawn up tons of designs...

so i continue to work on what i am going to do... but till then it will be black with red flames....lol

Quick Reply: The Project Begins