F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Moving Advise on Securing the bike in a UHaul

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yellow F4i I live in Charlotte and can show you around the country side of union county. Boredandstroked I am from Wilmington it's a beautiful city surround by good country roads not far from town, next time I am in town I will hit you up. Both of y'all need to ride with Jared thirdgenlxi he is the most experienced rider I know and knows his way around NC and an F4i. I still haven't rode with him but as soon as a get my new helmet and jacket I will be ready to shred NC.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it has been crazy since I moved down but everything was great. The bike was packed in so tight that I didn't even use the Wheel chocks. I had someone help me bring it down off the ramp after we unloaded into the place.

Advise for anyone who is going to make the move I used 4 ratchet straps and got them in a pack at Lowes before I left and they were cheaper than at some other places. All in all getting the bike initially secured was the hardest part. I also took my mirrors off and pack stuff in so tight that you couldn't even see the bike in the truck. I climbed back on two gas stops and it didn't even move an inch! That was great considering I hit a few potholes and also a rumble strip or two.

I have been loving this weather. Roads seem great and really do love living in the South. Now just looking to meet a bunch of you that said we should explore the area and go riding. Only regret was not moving down here years ago!!!

Send me a PM and lets make it happen.