F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Mid RPM Range Slippage

Old 01-19-2019, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid RPM Range Slippage

Above 7/8k RPM, when getting into the throttle, it feels like something in the drivetrain is slipping where the engine speed is increasing (RPMs going up), but the transmission/rear wheel isn’t.

2006 CBR600F4i. I appreciate any help.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:38 AM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

How fresh is your clutch ?
Get to your 7/8 rpm or a little higher (when she starts to behave as you described) and pull your clutch in, your rpm should drop very quickly and you should have a definite change of feel. If this operation has any vagueness to it then for me it would be time to inspect my clutch.
Adjustment first but more probable to need to inspect my plates and likely replace.
Best of luck mate.
Hows your chain and sprockets looking ?.......no hooking etc of the teeth etc

Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it happens worse in higher gears at the SAME rpm range, its definitely clutch slipping

If it doesn't behave like that, then i have no idea what you are describing. One mans feeling of "drivetrain slipping" could be the next mans feeling of "low on power"

If your clutch is going bad, it will grab better in lower gears, aka 1st or 2nd as opposed to higher gears. (at the same rpm level,aka your engine producing the same power).

Does your clutch lever on your handlebar have any freeplay? It should basically "wiggle" from freeplay. If in doubt, give it too much freeplay just to see if htat's the issue.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If it happens worse in higher gears at the SAME rpm range, its definitely clutch slipping

If it doesn't behave like that, then i have no idea what you are describing. One mans feeling of "drivetrain slipping" could be the next mans feeling of "low on power"

If your clutch is going bad, it will grab better in lower gears, aka 1st or 2nd as opposed to higher gears. (at the same rpm level,aka your engine producing the same power).

Does your clutch lever on your handlebar have any freeplay? It should basically "wiggle" from freeplay. If in doubt, give it too much freeplay just to see if htat's the issue.
thanks for the quick response. It was just in need of adjusting; there was almost no freeplay probably resulting in the clutch not fully disengaging.

Works fine now.

Thanks again.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:44 AM
Welcome crew
Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Bwramos
It was just in need of adjusting; there was almost no freeplay probably resulting in the clutch not fully disengaging.

Works fine now.

Thanks again.
Thanks for posting an update and glad to hear you got it solved!