F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking for ideas

  #1  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 PM
waddleboy's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincroft, NJ
Posts: 59
Default Looking for ideas

So it's coming to those sad winter months and I guess I'm looking for something to do with the bike or any bike. I thought about maybe building a track bike or learning to paint fairings and make some crazy new fairings for myself or learn to weld better and make an exhaust or maybe helping people more on the forum? Who knows. Basically I'm seeing if anybody has anything fun this winter that they wanna try or thought may be fun to do. I like to think myself as electrically and mechanically inclined so I guess I'm open for anything as long as it doesn't completely break the bank.
 
  #2  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 169
Default

Originally Posted by waddleboy View Post
So it's coming to those sad winter months and I guess I'm looking for something to do with the bike or any bike. I thought about maybe building a track bike or learning to paint fairings and make some crazy new fairings for myself or learn to weld better and make an exhaust or maybe helping people more on the forum? Who knows. Basically I'm seeing if anybody has anything fun this winter that they wanna try or thought may be fun to do. I like to think myself as electrically and mechanically inclined so I guess I'm open for anything as long as it doesn't completely break the bank.
Figure out a way to have the bike run at 180 degrees AT ALL TIMES.

 
  #3  
Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 PM
waddleboy's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincroft, NJ
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by highercal View Post
Figure out a way to have the bike run at 180 degrees AT ALL TIMES.

Now that would be challenging haha But who knows
 
  #4  
Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 169
Default

Originally Posted by waddleboy View Post
Now that would be challenging haha But who knows
My mechanic said a buddy of his had found a way. But it only worked on the 2009 R6. I wonder how he did and if it can be done on any bike.
 
  #5  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:02 PM
waddleboy's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincroft, NJ
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by highercal View Post
My mechanic said a buddy of his had found a way. But it only worked on the 2009 R6. I wonder how he did and if it can be done on any bike.
I imagine you could change the coolant to a better different organic coolant to help. Also need to add more fans to the radiator. Could be an interesting approach
 
  #6  
Old 09-16-2011, 05:42 PM
MadHattr059's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tulsa,OK
Posts: 2,299
Default

Good bang for your bucks is stain-less braided lines for the brakes, front/rear.
You get looks and a vast improvement in the performance and control of
one of the most critical elements of the bike. Don't get no better than that.

While you're doing that swap, might give the calipers a good going over, too.
That's the other side of the coin. I know it's not as sexy as some mods, but,
I think you'll be pleased, overall.

Ern
 
  #7  
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM
waddleboy's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincroft, NJ
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by MadHattr059 View Post
Good bang for your bucks is stain-less braided lines for the brakes, front/rear.
You get looks and a vast improvement in the performance and control of
one of the most critical elements of the bike. Don't get no better than that.

While you're doing that swap, might give the calipers a good going over, too.
That's the other side of the coin. I know it's not as sexy as some mods, but,
I think you'll be pleased, overall.

Ern
I agree with you this is an awesome option just sad thing is ive already done of them . But I'd would suggest everyone to do this as I felt a huge difference afterwards and it's relatively easy to do both
 
  #8  
Old 09-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 277
Default

Oooh I got an idea....
















Ride it!!!!!



Thats what I do no matter how cold it gets! Heated gear works wonders~!
 
  #9  
Old 09-17-2011, 02:09 PM
waddleboy's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincroft, NJ
Posts: 59
Default

Thanks ska haha. I love riding it but sometimes when snow gets on the ground makes things a little difficult. Never tried heated gear though just normally bundle up and hope for the best
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
kinglopaka
900 & + Modifications
2
05-15-2011 08:20 AM
Dan122087
General Tech
17
04-19-2011 06:58 PM
FoxRacin17
CBR 600F3
7
08-21-2007 07:18 AM
charlos
F4i - Main Forum
11
05-09-2007 06:51 AM
JBaz
Off Topic
5
11-10-2006 05:10 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for ideas


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.