F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe

yah man... the thing is pretty damn light. it's only 3 lbs from what tom told me. also to give you guys an update... just spoke to tom! he's in arizona on business right now. he will most likely be transacting business from there in the mean time.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:22 PM

I am patient, but the money has been sent and changed hands. I want to get that pipe in my hands. if not on the bike right away, at least at my house

Old 10-13-2007, 12:01 AM

I've sent him another PM about his exhausts and I got a read receipt back but no response from Tom. I just don't understand what is going on. It would be nice if he would just post up and let people know what in the world is going on. I would absolutely love to have one of his exhausts and I know several guys I ride with who have expressed an interest to me in buying from him.

I wish he would just answer my PM...I don't know what else to do...

Old 10-13-2007, 12:03 AM

This is completely random, but at the beginning of the thread i thought bootleg said he had 5 sets of those tips. I took that to mean that he got 5 of them (hence the 'limited' aspect of it)...and by counting how many people have received theirs, i'm thinking i got tip #5. That's just a speculation. But as no one has heard from him for a long time, we can't really be sure what's going on. I'm just happy to have gotten mine...

Old 10-13-2007, 01:02 AM
February 2009 ROTM

I've been reading and i dont think anyone that has ordered a pipe should get there panties in bunch. It seems like this man is doing the best he can with his buisnesshe is just getting it off the ground and so far everyone that has sent him a payment has either got there pipe or a refund because they didn't want to wait or could not go a week without some type of info. The price is good and everyone that has recieved has been happy with product. He is just starting out its not goingto run like any otherplaces you order though.Morethan likely he has alot on his plate and getting you guysthe pipes youordered are number 1. I dont know him nor do i have one of his pipes. Its just i know because i have a buisness andif your not 100%runningat the moment your doing morethan one job.Belive me its very hard toanwser everyPM every emailevery question.So if you canbe calm andwait it out youwill be happy orwhenhiscompany takes offandit looks like it is to me.Order then but the prices are going to go up.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 AM

It's good that Tom is busy and everything, and no doubt everyone is happy that business is booming but a little communication goes a long way. I'm sure a large portion of his customers are from this forum (or friends of people from this forum) so a single post in a thread just to give a 'heads up' would be awesome.

I appreciate the extra effort Tom has gone to look into shipping to Australia for me, but christ I wish he'd get a move on :P.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:44 AM

agreed. I have no problem with the company getting bigger. I congratulate him for his success thus far. But I am paid and its been almost 4 weeks. i tossed him an email this morning.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM

well...has anyone heard from tom yet and the progress hes making?

Have the hangers come in yet from Japan?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:53 AM

I sent an email yesterday morning. No response on here or to my email. This is not the way to do buisness.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Glocker23

. This is not the way to do buisness.
AGREED. I realize there are "loyal" customers here. I also realize Tom is probably a great guy and his business is probably taking off faster than he anticipated. I can only imagine the headaches that go along with that. BUT...

If you are going to run a business and things are getting faster than you expected, you should post up a thread and let people know. Tell them you didn't anticipate things to get so busy and you didn't anticipate that your product would be wanted in such high demand (the sheer demand of his exhausts says something for his product). It only takes a few seconds to let people know. People would completely understand if they were kept informed.

The other part that goes along with a business is contact with your customers...especially the ones that you are holding their money in your hands. I'm sure it's hard for Tom since as I understand it he has a full time job outside of this "side project." But the simple fact is that if you take on a business venture it is your responsibility to keep up with it and serve your customers...or close your business.

I don't know Tom, but I do know he had my money for too long with ZERO contact despite multiple repeated attempts to contact him. Calling no names, another forum member then received his exhaust but the craziest thing is that I PAID for an exhaust a couple of days before this other forum member did. I know this b/c I'm friends with the other member. That is not good business.

Sure Tom has a great exhaust at a killer price. But, I'd rather pay an extra hundred bucks for a tried and true exhaust with plenty of R&D behind it from someone who will return my emails same day (not that I expect same day email reply) and then receive the product I paid for within a few days. That's my personal opinion.

Tom did refund my money, but the craziest thing is that it was only after I had to file a complaint with Paypal. Funniest thing is he would never respond to my emails until I filed the complaint...then POOF I get a response from Tom. You figure it out...

Quick Reply: Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe