F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe

I dont know tom or any of you for that fact.I can understand about the long ship time if something is backordered,etc..I can understand lack of communication also.

I have been building fast cars for years.I learned that NOTHING is fast,for a good product.Considering the cost and how well everyone that has gotten one has enjoyed it.I say its worth the wait..
Yea you can pay more ,get it quicker but for just about if not the same performance.Plus every part maker in the country will have their days because in the end you can not make everyone happy.

Hell ive had sponsors(peaple that put their name on my car had help foot the bills for parts/labor).Take MONTHS to get some things to me..SOmetimes without nothing out of them for weeks/months .
Spend 200.00 for a pipe and get worried after 2~3 weeks..Try spending 6~8k and not hear anything for 1~2 months..

Old 10-16-2007, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: white99gt

I dont know tom or any of you for that fact.I can understand about the long ship time if something is backordered,etc..I can understand lack of communication also.

I have been building fast cars for years.I learned that NOTHING is fast,for a good product.Considering the cost and how well everyone that has gotten one has enjoyed it.I say its worth the wait..
Yea you can pay more ,get it quicker but for just about if not the same performance.Plus every part maker in the country will have their days because in the end you can not make everyone happy.

Hell ive had sponsors(peaple that put their name on my car had help foot the bills for parts/labor).Take MONTHS to get some things to me..SOmetimes without nothing out of them for weeks/months .
Spend 200.00 for a pipe and get worried after 2~3 weeks..Try spending 6~8k and not hear anything for 1~2 months..
This is ill logic and hardly an adequate comparison to the situation at hand. How do you understand the lack of communication when that is exactly what a business is built on?

I'm curious...if you were to go to a really nice restaurant and order a $100 plate that you had to pay for at the time you placed your order, and then no one came back to your table, was not available, and you were unable to see or speak to anyone else in the restaurant...how long would you sit there? I suppose using your logic above you would sit there for 3 weeks waiting patiently.

What if you went to your local pharmacy and paid $150 for a prescription that you needed, your money was taken and the pharmacist walked away and never showed back up. Meanwhile...he was realizing he was out of that medication and was not going to be able to fill it for you right then b/c he woudln't have any more in his pharmacy for another 3 weeks. How long would you stand there waiting patiently for someone to come and tell you that? By your logic, you would wait 3 weeks patiently...all the while with someone else holding your money...but hey...it's only $150...right?

Am I understanding your logic correctly?

Business is business...and this is bad business. There is no way to justify it, legitimize it, or make it seem like it is acceptable. It's not. It's bad business plain and simple.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 PM

But guess what...for anyone who actually wants a great exhaust at a great price, Yoshimura is selling the Titanium RS3 for $210 and the Titanium TRS for $220 right now. I bet they actually communicate and would get the exhaust shipped right out to you. Whatcha think?

Here's a link to their sale.

https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/c-41-2001-2006.aspx

Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: MotoGPFan26

But guess what...for anyone who actually wants a great exhaust at a great price, Yoshimura is selling the Titanium RS3 for $210 and the Titanium TRS for $220 right now. I bet they actually communicate and would get the exhaust shipped right out to you. Whatcha think?

Here's a link to their sale.

https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/c-41-2001-2006.aspx
I posted that link about a month ago and most of them sold out..Second they dont fit the f4i's with o2 sensors..(no bungs).Made that call also.
https://cbrforum.com/m_378243/tm.htm

Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 PM

This is ill logic and hardly an adequate comparison to the situation at hand. How do you understand the lack of communication when that is exactly what a business is built on?

I'm curious...if you were to go to a really nice restaurant and order a $100 plate that you had to pay for at the time you placed your order, and then no one came back to your table, was not available, and you were unable to see or speak to anyone else in the restaurant...how long would you sit there? I suppose using your logic above you would sit there for 3 weeks waiting patiently.

What if you went to your local pharmacy and paid $150 for a prescription that you needed, your money was taken and the pharmacist walked away and never showed back up. Meanwhile...he was realizing he was out of that medication and was not going to be able to fill it for you right then b/c he woudln't have any more in his pharmacy for another 3 weeks. How long would you stand there waiting patiently for someone to come and tell you that? By your logic, you would wait 3 weeks patiently...all the while with someone else holding your money...but hey...it's only $150...right?

Am I understanding your logic correctly?

Business is business...and this is bad business. There is no way to justify it, legitimize it, or make it seem like it is acceptable. It's not. It's bad business plain and simple.
Compairing something that is a NEED vs something that is a WANT is totally different.. Want is something that you would like to have but will not effect your health or lifestyle aka exhaust.

A need is something that will effect your health or lifestyle.Aka no food or no meds.

As far as communications could have it been better.Sure but like i posted earlier you cant make everyone happy.SOme peaple want it NOW and have no paitence on a wait period.
Go thru it everyday i work a dealership(shop foreman)that sevices over600 cars a WEEK..We are one of the best in the state and southeast.Even we can not make everyone happy and we have over 1million dollars in parts in stock and peaple get mad when we dont have something and they have to wait to get the parts in.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:24 PM

Yeah, great, and....? So Californians actually have to grab an O2 eliminator or drill the midpipe to fit the sensor. The pipes can still be fitted and at $30 less than the bootleg pipe.

Well...anyone in the other 49 states of America can get a great deal on a couple of Yoshi pipes.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:25 PM

Yeah, great, and....? So Californians actually have to grab an O2 eliminator or drill the midpipe to fit the sensor. The pipes can still be fitted and at $30 less than the bootleg pipe.

Well...anyone in the other 49 states of America can get a great deal on a couple of Yoshi pipes.
FYI ALL 06's have 02 sensors not just cali bikes..

Yep i would love to put a o2 elim on mine and LOSE gas mileage ,but hey for a cheap pipe i guess its worth it.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM

Compairing something that is a NEED vs something that is a WANT is totally different.. Want is something that you would like to have but will not effect your health or lifestyle aka exhaust.

A need is something that will effect your health or lifestyle.Aka no food or no meds.

As far as communications could have it been better.Sure but like i posted earlier you cant make everyone happy.SOme peaple want it NOW and have no paitence on a wait period.
Go thru it everyday i work a dealership(shop foreman)that sevices over600 cars a WEEK..We are one of the best in the state and southeast.Even we can not make everyone happy and we have over 1million dollars in parts in stock and peaple get mad when we dont have something and they have to wait to get the parts in.
First, I highly suggest you take a formal logic course in the near future.

Communication could have been better? Have you not been reading? There has been NO communication. "Better" is a relative term. There has to have been communication for it to be "better."

You work at a dealer? Great...so if something's not in you are there to COMMUNICATE this to the customer. The customer can then decide whether they would like to wait or go elsewhere. This means they also don't have to give you their money. The customer thus has a choice.

You are NOT getting the point. The issue with the pipes is there is no communication. This essentially removes choice from Bootleg's customers. Before you tell me I'm wrong...please think through your logic...ok?

Second, while the human body does require a certain nutritional intake over "X" period of time to sustain life, a $100 plate of food is not a need.And, since I didn't specify the medication you can't be sure whether it is a need or not. The medication could possibly have been for male pattern baldness, in which case it is actually a want if you would like to be technical (you have afterall wanted to make this technical). You've introduced assumptions in your logic now...this is your first flaw. Care for me to point out the rest?

That pretty much abates your last post. Work on the logic...

I have nothing further to say regarding this. It is bad business...simple as that.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM

I guess im different then.Every pm i senthas been answered .Was it as a fast as i wanted no but it was answered.

Im not here to get in a pissing match..Its a buyers world and everyone has a choice..Personally till i see where he is trying to make off with peaples money and products never getting shipped.Then ill worry.Hey at least with his product if you dont get it in a timely manner you can get your money back via paypal.

I can show you threads from HUNDREDS of peaple on a mustang forum(which involved the feds etc) sending a guy money(was doing head porting CHEAP)GREAT communications and posted all the time even had a few guys local actually liked his product and stood up for him.Guess what they either A) never got the product or B) got it and the parts were screwed..Because they were sending the money straight to him ..No paypal or credit cards to even have a fighting chance..But yet he had great commincation with them..

GO to the web site www.corral.net search key word: wheeler and search the 4.6 gt forums.. Read some of those threads and tell me what good communications get you..

This guy is still a lurker on a lot of mustang boards and takes a new person everyday..SO just because there is no or little communications does make him(bootleg) or his buisness a bad thing.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 PM

No pissing contest here either. Said what I had to say. BTW you have to file a complaint with Paypal before he refunds your money.

Oh, and, judging from your last several posts I'm not sure you realize you're on the CBR forum. This isn't about cars or mustangs.

Besides...only big burly stupid rednecks drive mustangs. (had to throw it in...don't get bent out of shape)

The rest of us are in blown Japanese I-4's and straight 6's.

Quick Reply: Limited Edition Cf Shorty Bootleg Pipe