F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

License plate leds?

Old 03-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not just remove that bulky piece of hardware & just bolt up a proper license plate mount to the Hotbodies undertail???

According to the Hotbodies website, all undertails come w/ license plate mounting brackets & hardware. All you have to do is drill the holes & mount. http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/fa...questions#faq1 If you don't have the hardware for whatever reason, I'm sure Hotbodies can fix you up.

A proper license plate mount on the undertail itself would look a lot cleaner than having wires/tape/etc running from the undertail to swingarm to wherever.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to Radio Shack, they have those LED lights for way cheap$$.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Why not just remove that bulky piece of hardware & just bolt up a proper license plate mount to the Hotbodies undertail???

According to the Hotbodies website, all undertails come w/ license plate mounting brackets & hardware. All you have to do is drill the holes & mount. http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/fa...questions#faq1 If you don't have the hardware for whatever reason, I'm sure Hotbodies can fix you up.

A proper license plate mount on the undertail itself would look a lot cleaner than having wires/tape/etc running from the undertail to swingarm to wherever.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.
I agree with it being cleaner due to the wires and all, but I feel putting the license plate under the seat defeats the whole purpose of an undertail. It looks cleaner with nothing hanging down from there. But now I dont have lighting, haha oh well!

Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Candypaintdrip
I agree with it being cleaner due to the wires and all, but I feel putting the license plate under the seat defeats the whole purpose of an undertail. It looks cleaner with nothing hanging down from there. But now I dont have lighting, haha oh well!
mine has never had lights on it either. i'm not gonna worry about it unless i get pulled over and a cop tells me i should worry about it. lol I don't do very much night riding though.